Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: End game Areas and No Magic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:15 pm 
Mortal

Ok, so I can maladict normal NPCs and PC's I am cool with the fail ratios there. Anything beyond that I can't land a maladiction with over half my mana pool, so can we please look at saves again?

Also can shaman get a nonconditional damage spell Call lightning requires being outside, end game areas are all indoors, Spirit horde is good, but only if you are getting hit. Can we get something like spirit lance that requires spirit aura, but can be cast anywhere at any target?

Ideally I would love to see voodoo turned into a combat spell have a blast like magma and then the spirits lag behind to cast curses on the target and drain mana.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Shaman are one of the most complete classes in the game for PVP/non-boss PVE, and no class that has the types of things you are asking for receives shield block. Even necros don't have a ranged pull. Are you sure shamans need a magma spray level direct damage spell that also curses and drains mana?

The only big issue with shamans and hellions is that maledictions don't work at all beyond the spire, the gingerbread mountains, and the dracolich. And rescue should be like swim where any class can pick it up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gemyna Milmyra
patrisaurus wrote:
And rescue should be like swim where any class can pick it up.

I agree with this with the exception that the rescuer should have sufficient strength compared to the rescuee's size. I just can't see a sprite rescuing a centaur or a griffon... the physical size would be impossible unless I'm just imagining rescue to be different than what it really is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:15 pm 
Mortal

The sprite would just fly in front of the giant or griffon to take hits.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:05 pm 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
Shaman are one of the most complete classes in the game for PVP/non-boss PVE, and no class that has the types of things you are asking for receives shield block. Even necros don't have a ranged pull. Are you sure shamans need a magma spray level direct damage spell that also curses and drains mana?

The only big issue with shamans and hellions is that maledictions don't work at all beyond the spire, the gingerbread mountains, and the dracolich. And rescue should be like swim where any class can pick it up.

Magma like. Not saying it should be able to two shot a scout, but a nice chunk of damage than a DOT that is mana based. To keep some of the voodoo flare yes have it cast maladictions randomly while the spirits are lingering.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
I've played a lot of shamans and I'm pretty sure that's way over the top for what should replace voodoo. Voodoo should be replaced but that's an incredibly overpowered suggestion and I am strongly against it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:41 pm 
Mortal

It can't be scribed for on, petrification and Finger of Death both can be. It is a longer casting spell. You have an intial damage then a DOT along the lines of magma and I am not even saying it should be that fast of a cast or that much damange unless you have a spirit doll of the target.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
It's still way over the top. I'd rather see something along the lines of locate person.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:12 pm 
Mortal

There were scry items in the game, they have been rendered useless, so I do not believe we will get any form of scry spell to use at liberty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:58 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Sorry, that idea is just bad. Shaman are fine just the way they are and would remain just fine if voodoo was simply deleted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next