Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Code Update 04/23/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm 
Implementor

Q&A starts here.

Post subject: Re: Code Update 04/23/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
Mortal

Now NPC tribunal priests can no longer lighten load tribunal members unless they worship a heavy armor diety. Was this intentional? Does this mean only certain tribunals can now lighten load as well or was this taken from all? (update Zhenshi priests can still lighten load)

This greatly benefits lighty tribunals since the vast majority of their priests worship Alshain or Dulrik.

Last edited by Terrus on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
How about a teaser on aura of negation, D?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: I wish :(
Griffon barbs can now parry/disarm with only claws correct?

If so, I know what I want to play if I can get unbanned! My favorite thingy everrrr!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I don't understand why Barbarians are buffed, and swashies who need to be are not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 am 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
I don't understand why Barbarians are buffed, and swashies who need to be are not.

Amen, why are barbs getting a buff Dulrik? There is a glaring weakness in the swashbuckler class, are they next or has it been considered at all?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 am 
Mortal

Very cool additions. Though, tribunal NPCs should be changed to the appropriate religions for lighten load as that's one of the biggest boons for them. As for barbs before swashies everyone should be patient. D is the one who initiated the thread on how to improve them and by reading that thread it's easy to see there are no clear solutions yet. So in other words, relax.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Quote:
- Creatures with natural weapons can parry/disarm

My first feeling with this is that it's going to mess up everyone, since you can't pick up weapons while fighting anymore. How about allow them parry but not disarm, since they can't be disarmed themselves it seems only fair. People in PvE oftentimes end up fighting multiple NPCs at once, which means that it's going to become commonplace to get disarmed and totally screwed over by NPCs, wasting both the time for your trip and also making you have to waste time just getting your weapon back, or maybe just giving it up.

Quote:
- Added lighten load for heavy armor priests

As the others in this thread have said, it would be nice if NPC priests in tribs were all heavy armor in this case. More of a builder issue, but worth mentioning since lighten load was one of the biggest reasons balance-wise to join a trib over a cabal before this change.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 am 
Mortal

Terrus wrote:
Now NPC tribunal priests can no longer lighten load tribunal members unless they worship a heavy armor diety. Was this intentional? Does this mean only certain tribunals can now lighten load as well or was this taken from all? (update Zhenshi priests can still lighten load)

This greatly benefits lighty tribunals since the vast majority of their priests worship Alshain or Dulrik.

This is not true, neither of the priests in the Peacekeepers can cast it now.

The Black Hand should still have access to it since their priests serve Sargas, and the Midnight Council has Valeticia. I wouldn't be surprised if she's flagged incorrectly as like a priest of Zavijah.

However, I think all of them should be removed. Want lighten load? Make friends with a pc.

Last edited by ninja_ardith on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 am 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
Terrus wrote:

This is not true, neither of the priests in the Peacekeepers can cast it now.

Well Talon's can at least, guess they're the only ones to benefit from the change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next