Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 12/27/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:41 pm 
Mortal

If you zap or recite strength/haste on yourself, will you still get fatigued?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:20 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I see no reason at all as to why sorcs should get giant strength and haste for free. Those extra 8 stat points are actually a very big deal when it comes to character builds and itemization, and sorcs already got a huge buff with the enchant changes (It's a heck of a lot harder to have strong enchantments now). Those extra 8 stat points from constant GS/Haste are the difference between a 6 art sorc and a 14 art sorc.

I also don't see why fatigue needed to be increased in power. That's another pretty big hit to melee classes, as caster classes don't give a crap whether their NPC gets fatigued, they just cast it again and kill it later. Taking part in PvP for more than 30 minutes before this boost to fatigue already ended up with people being fatigued for hours, making a quick suicide/resurrection much less debilitating.

GS and Haste should not be free for sorcs, and fatigue should have its effects lessened. Being dispelled or negated from those buffs is going to be absolutely murderous if the maximum corresponding stat is lowered on top of losing the buff itself. This is just another huge buff to MR barbs, who will never have to bother worrying with getting fatigued and can even cancel said buffs off of their opponent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm 
Mortal

So the change to ranged combat with not being able to use non-ranged skills will keep me from shooting something/someone two rooms away and having my pet bash them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:30 pm 
Mortal

I agree. You should really consider excluding GS and Haste from this update for game balance. For example: If landy's aren't considered a massive weapon for the purpose of 'game balance' we should consider the same for this. If not I will get my sorc into the fist and rule the world polymorphed giant style.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:44 pm 
Implementor

drexalv wrote:
I agree. You should really consider excluding GS and Haste from this update for game balance. For example: If landy's aren't considered a massive weapon for the purpose of 'game balance' we should consider the same for this. If not I will get my sorc into the fist and rule the world polymorphed giant style.

A fist sorcerer is probably one of the better places to use this ability. But even with fist skills, I think you would be hard pressed to do better than achieve parity with a non-buffed warrior in melee. I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 pm 
Implementor

Vinnen wrote:
So the change to ranged combat with not being able to use non-ranged skills will keep me from shooting something/someone two rooms away and having my pet bash them?

I'm assuming this is sarcasm? Yes, that was the intent. Bash was one of many skills that were bugged to be used from range for the last couple of months (ever since the party fighting changes went in).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm 
Implementor

Mcbeth wrote:
If you zap or recite strength/haste on yourself, will you still get fatigued?

Yes. Including if you are a sorcerer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm 
Implementor

Opey wrote:
What am I missing here? I am supposedly mounted by the spirit rider, but we are not in the same position within the group.

That this is a bug. Actually, it was already posted in your cabal forum. High priority for fixing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
drexalv wrote:

A fist sorcerer is probably one of the better places to use this ability. But even with fist skills, I think you would be hard pressed to do better than achieve parity with a non-buffed warrior in melee. I guess we'll see.

...It doesn't matter where you use it.

The point is that this is a huge buff to the one class who had absolutely no need for a buff. And a wimp the half of the game that needs buffed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:14 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
drexalv wrote:

Well I'll just throw this out. I've seen Wudan tank really really well. Figured throw a mix of ap/mr, magical vestment, and be a fistie, maybe poly giant for edamage, one would do very well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next