Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Code Update 12/27/2012 Q&A
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 pm 
Mortal

Bro, seriously.

I feel the need to reiterate how crizzazzy this change to fatigue was.

Casters now have, impairment, reduced saves and mp on all foes and don't have to worry about PCs getting buffed up properly, but are free to keep their pets perma hasted/gs'd (nevermind that 99% of the charms/controls/pets in the game come autohasted, lol bro.) And every race sorceror gets to run around with +5 str/dex to their racial max for no penalty because "lol wtf bro, cool idea". Every caster also is guaranteed to have max art now, since it's so easy to enchant for stats. Melee has no comparable "train" to ART.

Melee has recently been hit with reduced saves (on top of impairment, come on man) and being forced to choose between MP and AP (meaning that it is now harder for melee characters to save against spells like charm/sleep/petrification/maledictions, and they take a metric ton of damage from every damage spell, since a lot of melee is literally running around with 0 MP.) Casters have no need for AP, and have much easier access to the shield spell.

lol and now melee can't even use buffs? It was bad enough that your Strength went to crap after buffing twice. Now your strength and dex goes to [REDACTED] after one buff? How is a PC supposed to compete with stuff like Lathron or GM undead barbs?

Dulrik, bro. What is going on in your head?

Edit : Wow, some of that had the wrong words in the wrong places.

Last edited by Superman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm 
Mortal

Taking hits to peak attributes is ridiculous. Unless the goal here is to stop warriors from constantly using buffs in fighting. Or being able to use haste/gs as a prep in battle by casting it on your enemies and hiding until they get screwed out of all their stats. O.o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 pm 
Mortal

I have agreed with nearly EVERY change that has gone into this game for over a decade. But THIS should be reversed and returned to what it was. This was a mistake and let's return it and pretend this all never happened...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 pm 
Implementor

Revel wrote:
Taking hits to peak attributes is ridiculous. Unless the goal here is to stop warriors from constantly using buffs in fighting. Or being able to use haste/gs as a prep in battle by casting it on your enemies and hiding until they get screwed out of all their stats. O.o

My suggestion is that buffs are best reserved for PvP and not for PvE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 pm 
Mortal

I mean, the change is whatever, but it highly discourages PvP.

If I'm playing melee, and I buff up, you have until the end of those buffs to show up, and if you show up afterwards, I will happily leave Exile and let all the citizens die or log off, even if you attack my HQ, since I'm not running into PvP with my stength and dexterity fubar'd.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Revel wrote:

My suggestion is that buffs are best reserved for PvP and not for PvE.

Okay, cool story. Except sorcs get to run around with 25str/25dex for what reason? And get to have a charm who will literally wreck any PC warrior? Nevermind that you get to deal with the sorc behind the ridiculous and buffed GM charm.

Dulrik, my dear, dear friend, it feels like you want MR barbs to be the only melee characters in the game. Especially with all the continued ignoring of swashies and buffing of caster classes who were already at the top of the food chain.

Last edited by Superman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:11 pm 
Mortal

Do spells like weaken and taunt affect peak attributes?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm 
Mortal

I understand saving it for PVP. If you need to use 2 hastes during that PVP though you are screwed for a long time after. My dwarf now has 15 dex MAX. That's with 13 natural and +10 dex modification. {8 base dex modify and 2 enchantment endowment on the same piece}

That's harsh man. Ridiculously.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 pm 
Implementor

This discussion helped surface a memory of a recent bugfix which I do not believe was mentioned in an update post. It turned out that haste had not been properly penalizing regeneration for the last several years. The penalty has been reinstated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm 
Mortal

Oh god.

wtb logs of somebody PKing with 15 dex

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next