Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Archery
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 am 
Mortal

With envenom added, can we can the coder to grab the ammo in out inventory before it pulls the stuff from out euiver? As it is the code grabs the best ammo first, but your worst ammo ends up on top from picking it up and putting it away.

Can we get ammo to last a bit longer, it takes a while to craft and it degrades with each firing, it ends up about useless at very good.

I can say I like envenom, it's kind of neat and I hope it can be expanded on.

Maybe just add a snippet of code that grabs envenomed ammo first instead of messing with the whole thing?

Post subject: Re: Archery
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm 
Implementor

Interesting thought but harder than it sounds. Currently I only verify that the ammo will work in the bow and then prioritize the ammo with the highest repair condition. If I start looking at things like envenom, then where does it stop? Should I also be prioritizing limited ammo over normal ammo? Once I have multiple things that I am examining, which is more important? For example, is envenom on a good condition arrow better than an ordinary brand new arrow?

You may be able to work around this problem by putting the quiver with the arrows you don't want to use inside another bigger container. Reload does not check more than one container deep.

Post subject: Re: Archery
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:06 pm 
Mortal

I can grab ammo by type but not by quality. I think checking for the envenom flag on the ammo would work. I would also apply that mechanism to thrown ammo.

As it is I can grab five arrows five herbs envenom the lot and fire but u have no idea when those five get pulled in a que do to the way it pulls from your inventory. I just want those five arrows to fire first then the regular mechanism can take over. If I have special ammo I use and place the normal stuff away I run into the same issue.

Just check die items that have had envenom applied with in a given time frame and use those first, that way failed arrows get sucked up too. Same with thrown ammo.