Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey hey.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:36 pm 
Mortal

I would appreciate whichever immortal dealt with my 'Anyone interested?:' thread could please PM me! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:41 pm 
Mortal

The message is clear. You aren't allowed to propagate RP groups on the forums. The SK propaganda machine rolls on.

Zieg heil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 am 
Mortal

It's Sieg Heil! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:45 am 
Mortal

I have full command of the Z button, and the ability of bad eyesight and slipping fingers.

Whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:55 am 
Mortal

Just sounded funny. If you add an 'e' to Zieg it means goat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 am 
Mortal

And if Algon had put another Hey on this topic he'd have been Fat Albert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:18 pm 
Implementor

If you want to form a group, do it in the game through in-character methods. This forum is for OOC topics concerning the game and is not to be used as a shortcut to avoid meeting and recruiting people in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:20 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
If you want to form a group, do it in the game through in-character methods. This forum is for OOC topics concerning the game and is not to be used as a shortcut to avoid meeting and recruiting people in the game.

It's obviously your decision to make, but I would just point out that dozens? of players (including past imms such as Summ, to my recollection) have used the general discussion in order to facilitate the creation of an IC group.

Isn't the creation of a character group such as the D'astae -encouraged-? Or is it actually discouraged to agree upon creation with people outside of the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm 
Implementor

I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone using these forums to try to form a group. I'm pretty darn certain the D'astae people just talked about it amongst themselves because they already had shared YIM accounts from previous playing experience. At any rate, I have recently stated my belief that OOC connections are a huge detriment to the environment of the game. Thus my increased on emphasis on playing the game in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone using these forums to try to form a group. I'm pretty darn certain the D'astae people just talked about it amongst themselves because they already had shared YIM accounts from previous playing experience. At any rate, I have recently stated my belief that OOC connections are a huge detriment to the environment of the game. Thus my increased on emphasis on playing the game in the game.

So should the creation of 'brother' characters or a group like the D'astae be made illegal? I was trying to form this group as a way to help out new players to the mud learn more about it in a fun RP environment, as well as giving them a chance to pk. Most of the time, newbies here have a whole lot of trouble learning the ropes of the game.

This forum was used by Summ97 to ask anyone if they wanted to make a giant tribe, to give you an example. I am not trying to form OOC connections here - I want to form a group with new players so they can learn. If I wanted to make a group of veteran twinks, I would just ym them.

Anyways, it's your decision of course - but I think the best roleplay in this entire mud have come from people who created their characters together. (Remember that paladin and hellion who both joined the Druids? Or how about the S'Hochi, the griffons who all joined the hammer at once, or other similar groups?) Just my opinion, though.