Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sending PMs to an Immortal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:07 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
Some immortals love endless private messages (PMs) being sent to them via the forums with all manner of stuff. In an effort to make them more productive, might I suggest the following:

someone who is grateful only wrote:
thanks
No need to send a PM with the word 'thanks' - earn paragon and give someone a reward and I'll know you were grateful.

someone who is mysterious only wrote:
yes
Perhaps I asked you a question a long time ago, or maybe only yesterday. The point is though, that unless you quote the history of our conversation, I'm not about to go trawling through my inbox or sentbox to try and work it out. Please be clear what you want, so I can help you quickly - if you get no response on your request, I probably just deleted your unclear message.

someone who is curious only wrote:
can you explain why?
Once again - a quote would help me know what information you're after. If the matter being asked about involves more than just you and I, then consider starting a new thread in a relevant forum to discuss the issue.

someone who thinks I have telepathic abilities wrote:
can you add me to the forum?
I at least need your character name and the forum you need to be added to. I usually ask for the player's forum ID too, just so we're all on the same page (eg, leaders who ask for their new members to be added).

someone who doesn't use the usergroups button wrote:
Can you remove me from...
Players can remove themselves from any forum to which they don't belong - doing so saves me time and effort and keeps those who deserve to be in the private forums happy and content. Who knows, I might even send you a PM saying 'thanks'.

Sincere thanks to all those who help me administer the forums by doing the right thing; thanks in advance to all those who learn from this post and adjust their communications accordingly.

[moved from General Discussion forum]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:45 am 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
A suggestion when replying to an Immortal's PM...

With over 1100 registered forum IDs, the immortals would be grateful if you use the Quote button that appears above and to the right of the PM text, rather than just the Reply button - having your answer alongside a question helps greatly.