Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Crreating a character
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:20 pm 

I was wondering that when you are in the halls of creation doing the stat questions, and it tics and your hp's and so on tic up, does it affect them any, because I was told the lower ammounts of hp's and me's at the end of the hall means you had more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:04 pm 
Mortal

If you are talking about the tick timer, then all that means is that you are healing / regenning your hp/mana/pe. If you mean that as you answer questions, your hp/mana/pe goes up, I can understand why you're confuzzled. I was concerned about this myself recently. It was explained to me that while the number goes up, not down (instead of vice versa as it use to be) you are indeed gaining, not losing points. It does the same when you train a stat as you gain levels. Perhaps someone else can elaborate on the whys and wherefores of the mechanics of it. I simply wanted to reassure you that you weren't losing points. ;)

Edit: If I'm totally wrong on this, someone please explain why the numbers go up when training related stats because if that's the case, I've been given misinformation and am confuzzled myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:10 pm 
Mortal

When you increase a stat like Con, it will increase your maximum HP, but not your current.

As an example, using made up numbers, say you have 20 HP, and add a point of Con which makes your max HP 30. If you've got 15/20 HP (75%) before you add the point of Con, then you'd have 15/30 (50%) after you add the point. It looks like it's going down, but it's only because your maximum has gone up without taking your current with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:37 am 
Mortal

I think that's the reason he's asking. I noticed, when training stats on a newb made after the recent code updates, that the corresponding number of HP/Mana/PE went UP instead of down. I thought it was curious because I remembered it working the way you described. I am far from knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game but was assured by another I believe to be more wizened in that area that it was now suppose to do that. Hope I'm not confusing the issue so I'll sum up:

1) I believed number of HP/ME/PE to temporarily go down when you increased/trained said stat.

2) I made a newb, trained stat mana, ME went UP, not down (no tick occurred)

3) I was told by a friend more well-versed in game mechanics that's how it now works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:59 am 
Mortal

When you train a stat like con or wis the percentage goes down for the reasons Shpadoinkle stated. When you train ME or Hp (dont know about move) they go can go up or stay the same because it increases your max and your current. Normally you will have enough HP or ME not even to notice the change.

If you rush through the halls of creation quickly you while have a larger difference between your stat max and the current actual number (and thus a smaller percentage). If you take your time your numbers will still be the same but the difference between max and actual number will be smaller (higher percentage) due to the rise of the actual numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:27 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
...and whether you sit there and wait a few tics for them to reach 100% won't affect them at all.

The changes that are made during creation are applied to the maximum values your character can have - so the current HP/ME/PE values while you're answering questions are irrelevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:06 am 
Mortal

I think you guys are missing what's being asked...
An example:
Code:
<hp: 100><mp:100><pe: 100>

You answer a creation question.
Code:
<hp:93><mp:109><pe:100>

Is this because you gave an answer that lowered your WIS but raised your CON at the same time (as I'm thinking some of the questions might do)? This would account for it because then you would subsequently be losing mana (so your current is higher than your max resulting in the 100+ percentage) whileyour HP goes (seemingly) down (because your current is now less than your max where it was not before you answered the question).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:22 am 
Mortal

Alright, let me give you an example.

All the stats start out as equal in the beginning? and can be raised or lowered based on the answers to the questions.

So where your mp went up, that was a wisdom question. Now, your wisdom stat droped in that question, and you saw an increase similar to this one.

100/100 MP Beginning MP
This would be shown as:
Now, you answer a question where your max MP drops.

Now you have:

100/92 MP
This would show on your screen as:
<hp: 100><mp:109><pe: 100>
As you can see your max dropped, but your currect hasn't caught up yet, as is refrected in your code.

In that question, your HP was raised and your MP dropped by the same system I demonstrated.

HP before question:
100/100

Hp after question:
100/107
<hp: 92><mp:100><pe: 100>

Note: The numbers I used DO NOT reflect the actual system used in Shattered Kingdoms and are in NO WAY representative of your Mana points as you showed in your diagram.