Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:04 pm 
Mortal

Please keep in mind that this is the newbie forum. Instructing people to search threads is fine, but we can do it politely.

The threads that own has linked cover it in detail. But the short answer is: Dulrik isn't going to tell us how to get a train point, lest we game the system. Keep working with low-level players, and use the teaching tools mentors are given. Even if you don't do enough mentoring to get a train for a given month, that work will count toward the next month's goal. (However, if you do get a train point, you start over from scratch, to keep your motiviation high.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:54 pm 

Forsooth wrote:
Please keep in mind that this is the newbie forum. Instructing people to search threads is fine, but we can do it politely.

I would agree much more wholeheartedly with you on this point...were Cathan not a well-known player of the mud for the past several years. He's not a newbie by ANY definition of the word; he's just proven himself too lazy to both reading other threads in which his questions have already been answered. I'd also have had a lot more sympathy for him if this were the first time he'd attempted to pull this, but this is the third or fourth time he's done this in the past week or two, so I'm afraid he's lost all credibility so far as that goes. He'd just rather not do the work to answer his questions himself....he wants someone else to do the work for him and feed him predigested pap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:32 pm 
Implementor

The reason Forsooth is right has nothing to do with whether or not Cathan is a newbie. Other newbies will read this thread having no idea that Cathan is not a newb and will see him getting treated like dirt. They may then decide to stop reading or posting on the forums because it seems reasonable to assume at that point that the forums are very hostile to newbies. They may never get as far as the post that explains that Cathan is really just a lazy veteran.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:05 pm 
Mortal

So you are saying we can treat him like dirt if we point out he is a lazy vet first? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:57 pm 
Mortal

Well, in all honesty, my post was not meant to be rude but more in good humor while pointing out that there was another way of find a specific topic besides scrolling through everything. If anyone was offended by it then please accept my heartfelt apologies. I was not trying to be mean.

Tinla