Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:44 am 
Mortal

Genearlly, two situations happen.
1)Your a known enemy and they attack you because of who you are or who you associate with.
2)You did something to [REDACTED] him off. I have never been killed for doing nothing or associating with myself.

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:50 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

No offense Naarn. Your character isn't exactly an angel himself. I don't know how many times you have tried to gank my character just because I was there(too many times you succeeded).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:59 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

To clarify things too, I have no problem about your character ganking mine for no reason. Well, actually there is a reason. Our characters do not like eachother. Don't forget also since you are playing a darkie just being one is a good enough reason to get ganked. Just like my character being a lightie is a good enough reason to be ganked by some characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:51 pm 
Mortal

Too bad ya'll missed the sarcasm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:19 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
I have never been killed for doing nothing or associating with myself.

Ha! I have had it happen to me and in the same place. Crossroads Inn. But that's the price you pay for being in a lawless city. :wink:

(Besides, it was a necro that killed my character and no, my character's not a lightie)

Although, I would like to see a bit more RP happen when you're killed for who you associate with. Too many times this is missed and people don't know why they were killed. But... maybe that's just me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:46 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
In general, you should be able to tell that certain people will get you in trouble if you're with them. This applies to all tribunals and cabals, since not a single tribunal or cabal isn't at war with somebody (with possible exception of the talons).

For people who manifest immediately after dying and ask the reason, i give it to them 99% of the time (and that 1% is only when i literally see another group coming at me). Otherwise, send a tell.

Format for tells:

t murderer My name is XXX, the <adjective> <gender> <race> you just killed. <letter option>

Options:
a. What were your reasons for attacking me?
b. May I ask why you attacked me?
c. <various insults>
d. Anything else.

Now, why put it in this fashion? First of all, your killer may not know your name (quite possible, i've killed plenty of ppl based on their adjective or their current location: such as an enemy HQ) and could get a tell immediately after that prevents them from replying. I've had this happen more times then I can count. If you give the name, the killer can ask a SS capable class to send the message back to you. Also, some people get very wary and defensive when they receive tells from "someone." Second, listing your adjective/race is helpful in the event that your attackers either had killed someone very recently or you're part of a larger pack. Once again, from personal experience i've had ppl contact me 30, 40 minutes after i killed them (they're usually afk, or busy manifesting and sending cb messages out as fast as they could and contacting priests) right when i killed a different person and i unwittingly gave the wrong reasons. As for the last part... I doubt anyone would refuse to give a reason if you acted more hostile, but I usually won't give the reason unless they specifically ask me.

For instance, if somebody said, "I hope you rot in hell, [REDACTED]" I would probably reply with a stinging remark and leave it at that. If somebody said "I hope you rot in hell, [REDACTED]. Why did you kill me?" then I would tell them the reason. Unless they specifically state the question, I usually assume they knew what they did wrong.

I hope that helps someone. Try to tell your killer who you are, since it's often not clear and it can possibly help you to get an answer you otherwise would not receive.

P.S. This is a random tangent, but do NOT EVER walk into a cabal hq when the outer guardian is missing (read:dead) and expect not to be killed. I recently had somebody do that, and since this is the newbie forum (though the one involved was not a newbie) I figured I should say that. Curiosity kills the cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:24 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
Format for tells:

t murderer My name is XXX, the <adjective> <gender> <race> you just killed. <letter option>

Options:
a. What were your reasons for attacking me?
b. May I ask why you attacked me?
c. <various insults>
d. Anything else.

Oh, I can't tell you how many times I've done that and they just walked away and not said a word. Not really something to QQ about, but still, it does bust your bubble when you get [REDACTED]'s like that.

All I have to say about this whole meanie thing is, if you don't like it, do something about it. Go level up to GM, grab a bunch of GM's and gank them...or befriend them. Thats how I see it in this game at least. Of course, someone might have a different view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:05 pm 
Mortal

That's exactly how I feel about it too, Kilia. Revenge, sweet revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:45 pm 
Mortal

Naarn wrote:
Too bad ya'll missed the sarcasm.

You may also want to understand that only obvious sarcasm will be caught. Oftentimes, for at least me, I generally will be kewl with people on the forums until I understand them a bit better. So posting like this without any knowledge of who you are will ensure missed sarcasm.

That's at least my take.

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:02 pm 
Mortal

laugh

I'm the rogue that spam-killed you until you started running as soon as I walked into the room, bud. But, uh, thanks for explaining to me how you're such a nice guy. Wanna make out?