Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Meanies
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:02 pm 
Mortal

Why are there so many mean people in SK!!!!???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:10 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
We tried making a MUD that involved only playing tetris, stacking cups and where the only killing was of time, but it never got exciting...

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific about what happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:19 pm 
Mortal

Are you talking about mean characters or mean players?

If it's mean characters you're talking about, that's a part of roleplay. Not that a lot of people play jerks, but a lot of characters have strong opinions about religions, nations, and alignment. Such opinions create conflict, which keeps the game exciting.

Most of the people in your hometown should not be hostile, unless you've picked a character that doesn't fit in. A good character in the Northern Wastes or an evil one in Taslamar is going to have many problems. Such roles are awfully tough choices for newbies - I'd recommend changing countries. (See "help deportation" if you're interested.)

Now if you're talking about mean players, well, that has generally not been my experience. Maybe you're confusing being PKed with being abused? While we're not as kill-happy as many PK MUDs, SK IS still a PK MUD, and your character can be killed for his ideals, or even his nation. I recommend thinking of PK as roleplay fodder - how can this event help advance an interesting story? I also recommend learning to take elementary precautions; that greatly reduces your time in the River.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:02 pm 
Why is Ruud complaining about meanies, he isn't Mr. Nice guy himself. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:23 pm 
Mortal

*crawls out of her cave and plants a "Please do not drop boulders here" sign in the ground.*

In game I've met meanies, but only the delicious awesome-roleplaying kind that threatens to stick needles in you and stuff.

Out of game, well... I gotta say I'm a litle surprised at the tone on the website sometimes. I understand that general discussion is flame-zone, but why is it necessary to wish someone be run over by a train in a non-flame forum? :-? I mean, had it been "I hope a big fat griffon sits on you!" I might give it points for artistic performance (especially if she played a sprite), but an OOC reference wishing someone death and pain (assuming heavy objects are painful, which I assume they are)....
And is it necessary to call someone a moron just because of differing opinions?

I understand that each forum has its own culture, and as new you can either adapt or take a hike. But I'm sort of scared of finding my head on a stick should I dare step out of the Circle of Newbies forum...

*pulls the sign up and runs back into her cave*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:45 am 
Mortal

I've been on several muds when they have held a blood bath and I've only seen more PvP on one than I've seen on SK. It is a very PK heavy game anymore so there isn't any point in denying it. For those who don't know a blood bath is when all restrictions are removed so everybody can fight everybody else, you have access to all equipment in the game, and after several days to a week (depending on the mud) the game is reset so you lose nothing. You'll have all your armor, your money, no outlaw list, no penalties at all, and you still have bragging rights.

Leri, people say they want that person run over by a bus because they probably do want that person run over by a bus. As a newbie you wouldn't understand the kind of things said person has done. Let me just say most of us want that person to leave for many reasons, so in the future you'll probably see many more comments like that made to that person.

As far as meanies go, they do exist ICly and OOCly, it happens. If you're talking about IC meanies then there are many ways to deal with it, you just need to find the way that fits your RP. If you're talking about OOC meanies and it's a matter of harassment or some such thing then log it and report it to the IMMs. If it's in reference to the forums or some such thing, people will most likely always be mean on these forums. Only on holidays do people seem to be nice in the majority of their posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:32 am 
Mortal

I am mean because jardek banned me from IRC. (j/k)

You have to be more clear on what exactly you are asking for.

sleeper

Edit: Geezz typos

Last edited by sleeper on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:20 pm 
Mortal

I hope a big fat 'pregnant with sextuplets' griffon sits on Leri. :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:14 pm 
Mortal

Hey!! *points to her sign*

No [strikethrough]heavy objects[/strikethrough] big fat pregnant with sixtuplet griffons allowed here!! Bad man, bad bad man!

:rant:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:45 am 
Mortal

I just don't understand why everyone is so angry all the time. I mean, I like walked into the Teron taproom this morning and there was this guy there (blue-eyed...i think, i don't really remember if he was human or half-elf) and he did this thing where i couldn't run away and i died and i just, OMG OMGOMG I FEEL SO BAD!!! HE TOOK ALL MY THINGS AND SPIT ON THE GROUND AND IT SUCKED, OKAY~!!

QQ (for real)

*just doesn't understand*