VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:01 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
It is against the rules to use
this spell on a dead character without first obtaining their permission.

from help resurrection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:13 pm 
Mortal

Nod. Was never in doubt about that part. You need them to ask, of course. Question is after. If someone of your enemy cabal asks you to resurrect them, are you allowed, with proper roleplay before and after, to resurrect them maliciously?

Only confusion was the last section. (see my previous post on Algorab's notice). That you need their permission is clear enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:21 pm 
Mortal

IMHO if you're asking someone of the opposite alignment or in a warring cabal for a rez, you'd best be holding your testes hoping bad stuff doesn't happen to you. More than likely they're just trying to get a body part so they can voodoo you at leisure. If someone is foolish enough to attempt this then more power to them, I guess. I still think its rather assinine, because there are "slow" players here. And a lot of newbies, still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:13 am 
Mortal

I realize this thread is a little late to respond to but maybe I can offer some insight. That rez he was speaking of happened to mean that he died trying to go back and get his things, not that I repeatedly killed him.
I played a diabolic priestess who had absolutly no issue with restoring people of completely opposit alignment so long as they were willing to continue bloodshed in the name of Zynor and then Dabi. As I saw the faith it was unbias as to who died in the name of their cause, you could of been light or dark but blood was blood. I on many ocassions gave life to griffons, elves and various good based cabals, tribunals, and classes. I saw that by giving them life, the continued struggle would circle around.
However, being of diabolic nature I also would at times give life to someone who asked knowing damn well it would be their death. A few times I gave life to people inside the adept lair so that the girls would have a new toy to play with, we would torture and then usually kill the restored, like a cat playing with a half dead mouse.
The bottom line is stick to your faith and use your best judgment. Don't give life to someone not asking. That is the meaning behind vendictive rezing. Say a darkie dies, you know hes dead and you think "gee If i gave him life in nerina, he will be bombed with guards and serve jail time" so you do it, thats vendictive. Killing them repeatedly and giving life with spirit disorentation is vendictive. If you decide to kill them dont bring them back to hurt them. Accidently doing it is another case. If someone asked you for life and didnt specify that they were wanted in certain areas and you bring them back only for them to be captured, thats not your fault. If you are a lighty that could aid maybe to your god, say for courage a priest could say "Are you wanted in any towns? Why? Will you serve courage and face your judgement?"
I hope that helped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:52 pm 
I remember one priest rezzed Timith just after I'd killed him, so I killed him on the spot about three seconds after his return to life. No penalty was given to anybody involved, though the priest had a bit of a whine.

Therefore, if you want to be sneaky, I'd suggest rezzing someone while somebody who hates them just so happens to be hanging around. After all, it's not your poor little priest's fault whose company (s)he keeps, is it?

If you're on the flip side of the coin though, and some priest rezzes you and somehow puts the gank on you, I'd suggest praying immediately to get a verdict, or if nobody answers, an email to the imms. Just remember that their word is final, so don't pull an allikat and smear it all over the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:23 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
Just remember the person doing the rezzing may be held responsible for their actions, even if the dead person has asked them for help --

Immortals are giving life, through their insignificant mortal priests' will - and if mis-used it's quite possible that the immortal will challenge their actions and hold them accountable. As Inidil explained, she had an IC reason to resurrect someone of opposite alignment that was contributing to the ultimate goals of her religion and her god(dess); if what you're doing is just for IC 'fun' without any religious motivation, you might want to rethink your actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:10 am 
It's unlikely. Dulrik doesn't like direct imm to mortal contact, allegedly.

Edit: Plus, unless the imm sees the act itself they'd want to be careful about entering into it, just to avoid the shitstorm to follow on the forums if they turned out to be doing the wrong thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:34 pm 
Mortal

Okay...so let me get this straight.

I used to play Sade, a midnight council priest of yenko. I used to ressurect people I didn't like wether they asked me or not in the oubliette in seawatch. I wouldn't kill them and I wouldn't let them die. But I'd leave them in there were they couldn't escape for quite awhile. I'd even roleplay torturing them and taunting them as they begged to be let free. I was a priest of pain and suffering I felt this was my rp right to do. Was this wrong?

Another thing I would do is ressurect someone and have them immediatly stunned and charmed or dominated and then have the scold's bridle put on them. Again, they were not killed, but this certainly was to injure them. Yet again I was the Hand of Pain and for me this was worship. Was this wrong?

The MC has the tower that they can lock people in. Once in awhile (we never did this often and only to people who realllllllllly irk'd us) I would wait in this tower while galus and loqui and others went out and killed a certain person, then i'd immediatly rez them in the tower and walk out and shut the door behind me.

This didn't hurt them, but it did imprison them...Is this now wrong?

I can understand punishing anything that causes a person to lose xp or making them stack up spirit disorientation. But I don't see doing things where you punish them in a very harsh way as I stated above or even as inidil put in her post and using ressurection as a means to the end. If it's good rp I don't see why we don't let it slide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm 
Implementor

Resurrecting (or raising) anyone that you consider an enemy is wrong. These power given to you by your god for the betterment of the members of your faith and your allies. Using it for other purpose puts you at risk of penalties including the permanent loss of the spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:21 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Resurrecting (or raising) anyone that you consider an enemy is wrong. These power given to you by your god for the betterment of the members of your faith and your allies. Using it for other purpose puts you at risk of penalties including the permanent loss of the spell.

This is new to me about not being able to resurrect an enemy, because as a priest of War and Conflict, I would resurrect anyone because bringing them back will bring about more War and Conflict. However, just that they never ask.