Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Starting again from nothing
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:16 am 
Mortal

I just met a charector who was really disouraged, which is fine ic but not so much out of charector. He just died and was wondering if attempting to get his things was worth it. After a too brief conversation, he logged out.

I really hope he didn't delete because I told him to "start again." A vetren should have no problem of gathering some equipment together no matter what class. Even a novice can do it. I'm something of an expert of starting again being called Sir Diesalot. It's a decent way to meet people ic too.

Don't fight NPCs that are your level but rather fight NPCs that "you could kill naked" when you *consider* them. Any weapon at all can help you when you start from nothing unless you have some skill in self defense. You should be able to find a weapon lying around. By fighting NPCs that you know that will give you money and are weaker than you so you can survive, you should be able to work your way up to finding/buying/trading equipment which will allow you to compete at your status level.

Do favors for people while you can, some people might repay them so you might get a chunk of money to requip or they might just help you get your old gear or get you some new gear.

Ask for help. Even if you are playing a selfish evil bastard, it gives others a chance to get you to owe them. And wonderful rp can come in from calling in a favor.

So, when someone tells you to start over, you don't have to take it as starting a new charector. Take it as a new quest and continue with a charector with some history. You enrich the game when you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:40 pm 
Well said. But don't give newbies good gear. Alshain takes it all away and gives it to his high follower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:43 am 
Mortal

The only thing I would add, is to try to take advantage of the banks. Keep enough in the bank for a pet/weapon so when you have to start over again you can do it. Low level bards (Novice/Initiate) will have a hard time punching anything to death... and it takes a long time to save up money from things useing power chords. Keeping the cash in the bank helps ALOT in starting out again if you die training.

edit: I should be in bed (fixed typos)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:47 am 

Maybe they were new to the game and thought it was hard to do it. Maybe instead of telling someone to start over again you could offer them a friendly hand next time. You never know, someone may have hooked the newbie up with armor and they never learned how to get it themselves. It's hard being new to the game and not knowing where things are. Its also easy to get to veterin without knowing much about the game, people at lower levels are always running into newbies who will bring them places to level with them.
I think that by telling someone to start over you may have given them the wrong impression, you may also forget that when you dont know where everything is it's easy to walk into death traps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:53 am 
Mortal

Brings back the memories doesn't it.