Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:00 am 
Mortal

own! wrote:
That maze Alshain made of Taslamar's newbie school is a joke.

Agreed. I tried to start a new character is Taslamar because I never started in that Kingdom.. and after 20 minutes of trying to get to the newb training grounds made me delete. Big turn off to newbies to have to deal with that I think...

Paladin656 is also right in that the point of establishing an adjective and description is very much aparrent... any newb ignorant or oblivious enough to ignore them deserves to be yanked into an Imm's cubby hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 am 
Mortal

I didn't say that it wasn't overly apparent to any Newbie that they needed an adjective and a description--it just isn't apparent that they can apply one while still in Creation Hall.

I have been accosted by well-meaning mentors the minute I stepped into the world every single time that I didn't already have an adjective and a description in place.

It is pretty hard to respond to people about creating a description when you are already in editor mode. That is all I was saying with this entire thread, and I thought I'd come up with a relatively easy solution to the problem.

If you don't want to implement it, maybe you just like harrassing Newbies!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:28 am 
Mortal

wargriffKendal wrote:
own! wrote:
That maze Alshain made of Taslamar's newbie school is a joke.

Agreed. I tried to start a new character is Taslamar because I never started in that Kingdom.. and after 20 minutes of trying to get to the newb training grounds made me delete. Big turn off to newbies to have to deal with that I think...

Yes that newb zone is a major pain in the [REDACTED], the map that the new char get for the place is almost as confusing as the place itself. Plus you have to wander around for way to long to find a trainer.
And if you even bother trying to do the built in quest there you get told "No you can't have a pass go train more."
So you go to train(after wandering around trying to find the damn place to train at) and what do you see to train on? Pallys and other lighty NPCs :-?

Bring back the simple noob school inside of the city, and the practice dummys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:58 am 
Mortal

TheIceHellion wrote:

Bring back the simple noob school inside of the city, and the practice dummys.

Cheers to that Idea!!! :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:07 am 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
Golden age syndrome.

I'd welcome feedback from someone who never knew of the old area, or even better, who had Taslamar's newbie school as their first interaction with SK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:30 am 
Mortal

Alshain wrote:
Golden age syndrome.

I'd welcome feedback from someone who never knew of the old area, or even better, who had Taslamar's newbie school as their first interaction with SK.

The old newbie school wasn't used much because you had to go through doors to learn more. Either east or west down the path to the fountain. Better way set is how Nerina is made that if you decide you are new to the mud you can go one way and it will slowly explain everything to you. And you don't need an area with twenty noob quest, fifty room echos and NPCs that randomly interact with you. The salle was perfect for simple leveling, and characters where forced to not rp with NPCs, but with other pcs that where going through the noob grounds at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:59 am 
Cease your golden age talk, Tragonis. It's obvious that because you've been playing for more than however many months it's been since Alshain put the new newbie school in, your opinion is totally irrelevant.

On a reality kick, I'm afraid it's not 'golden age' syndrome that makes people hate that newbie school, Alshain. It really does suck, and I'm surprised it was approved and added into the mud - especially the part where you've prevented any chance of interaction between a level one character and the rest of the mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:49 am 
Mortal

The Nerina School has its faults, too. With my first character (which died quickly and was deleted) I wandered all the way to the Plaza well without realizing I'd passed straight through school grounds and then I was scrutinized by all the veteran PCs and even an immortal who happened to be there. What an introduction to RP! Yikes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:24 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
It seems like the school was designed to allow novices to continue there in certain levels of the building but if you hit novice inside, you are stuck on that hall and can't get to the higher level halls. Nor can you get out of the building without recalling, nor can you get to the teachers.

I also agree with those who say this school has unintentionally enforced a non-interaction policy between amateurs and vets strictly from a distance standpoint. Before the change, only Empire's school was outside the main city, and it was only a quick jaunt for anyone to get there. Everyone knew it was the startpoint so inappropriate interaction didn't occur.

Now with Taslamar's newbie school sitting on Pluto, nobody travels there. And yes, I hate that convoluted maze to get out of the total-newb area and into the NPC area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:53 pm 
I was actually referring to the fact that a level one character cannot leave the newbie school by any means. How about that for a mud that 'never tells you "you can't do that"'?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next