Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:33 pm 
Mortal

I dont even think about it either. If they dont tell me, well its their own damned problem. Ill be happy to resurrect them again and have them perform some more offerings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:49 pm 
Mortal

I've finally rolled a priest. And I have rez now. I will actively *search* for a reason to rez someone. But I've gotten a few across my path that refuse to even play along. So, to those who may read this thread for helpful advice, read the helpfile for the god of the priest that you're talking to, at least try to [REDACTED] some good game, and follow the clues the priest will drop along the way to get you back to life, because s/he knows nobody likes being dead.

And if they tell you no, don't argue it. [REDACTED].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:29 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
I would add if you don't get any response from the priest you asked for a rez, you might want to try a different tongue. Some priests may be prejudiced against certain regions and refuse to respond when that region's tongue is spoken. Uxmaln is definitely a great 'grey' choice but bear in mind there is a religion that doesn't like some greys. I, for one, tend to ignore that tongue but that's how I play my priest.

Definitely, as has been stated, give your name in the first tell. Something along the lines of:

tell priestperson Greetings from the River. My name is Deadguy and I fell in battle to a troglodyte in that place over there. Are you willing to pray for me?

The response you will likely get will be why you're worthy. This is where reading the appropriate god helpfile comes in. You need to tailor your response to that priest's god. Pay close attention to the responses the priest gives so you know how to fine-tune your responses. If you're a darkie or grey, it's perfectly legitimate to shade the truth or even outright lie to gain life. Just be careful that either your lies are believable after you regain your life or you can get away before you get killed again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:26 am 
Mortal

Newbie to newbie advice:

Don't just send tells to everyone with a religious title, because about 2/3 of them aren't priests, but paladins/hellions and laity.

Good RP is the prerequisite for a ressurrection. Not necessarily your alignment - if you word your request correctly, and not even necessarily 'lying', you can most likely get a rez from even an opposing alignment priest, since the idea that they don't always have spirit sight up applies to 'detect aura' as well. Basically RP along the lines of what everyone else has been saying and you should be okay - read the god's help file and tailor responses accordingly. Remember - you may have devoted yourself to a different god, but we were all created pantheist, so it's no major sin to know about other religions.

Advice to priests:
Carry some spare pants, or a cloak or something. People are popping up naked, and you're just gonna let 'em go out NAKED?! I think I've asked just about every priest who's rezzed me so far for some pants or something and nothin...goin out into the snow naked...*sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 am 
Mortal

You've had some bad luck about the NAKED part. Although it isn't proper etiquette to wander through Nerina naked, the bins are kept stocked full of Newbie equipment available for anyone who needs a little protection from the weather until they have a chance to reequip themselves properly. Just be kind enough to replace anything you take if you aren't a Newbie yourself. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:59 am 
Mortal

Baraka wrote:
Advice to priests:
Carry some spare pants, or a cloak or something. People are popping up naked, and you're just gonna let 'em go out NAKED?! I think I've asked just about every priest who's rezzed me so far for some pants or something and nothin...goin out into the snow naked...*sigh*

What fun is it for a priestess of Sadr to give out something to prevent the pain and suffering that happens from walking out nekkid as a jaybird into the driving snows of the north? It would force me to break character to supply pants to people, and I'm just not gonna do that. Sometimes, if I'm feeling generous, but I'd say it's like a 2% chance that you'd even get tattered rags out of Achrid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:03 am 
Mortal

Ilae wrote:
Baraka wrote:
Advice to priests:

What fun is it for a priestess of Sadr to give out something to prevent the pain and suffering that happens from walking out nekkid as a jaybird into the driving snows of the north? It would force me to break character to supply pants to people, and I'm just not gonna do that. Sometimes, if I'm feeling generous, but I'd say it's like a 2% chance that you'd even get tattered rags out of Achrid.

That, and the practical fact that medium cloaks weigh 1.5-2lbs, and recognized priests can easiliy perform a resurrection an hour. And maybe 1 out of every 10 people come back with a garment; fewer still with any kind of recompense.

So streak on out and find yourself something to wear. Nekkid jaybird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:12 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Pushing40 wrote:
Definitely, as has been stated, give your name in the first tell.

Just to reiterate:

Give your name in the first tell!!!!!

When I first got resurrect, I would go out of my way to contact the nameless voice who sent me the "Can you resurrect?" tell. Screw that, I'm usually doing something when I get those, and while I try to be extremely responsive to the dead (far more responsive than I've personally experienced most priests to be), if you don't give your name and I don't have time to respond to you immediately or someone else sends me a tell so that I cannot "reply" to you, I'm not going to give it a second thought. And if that's all that I get, "Can you resurrect?", my response, if any, will be a simple "Yes", and I'll go about my business.

Second most important is to tell the priest when you reach the afterlife. No priest is going to be happy to blow so much mana on a resurrection attempt just to find out that the damn person who just asked for life either has not reached the afterlife yet or has manifest somewhere. In these cases, you'll be lucky to get a second attempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 am 
Mortal

dalamar wrote:
Second most important is to tell the priest when you reach the afterlife. No priest is going to be happy to blow so much mana on a resurrection attempt just to find out that the damn person who just asked for life either has not reached the afterlife yet or has manifest somewhere. In these cases, you'll be lucky to get a second attempt.

So true. I cannot begin to count the times when people are begging for life and I start the resurrection and then they send me a tell when I'm concentrating saying that they aren't in the river yet. Many times, I'll tell them that I have to reprepare and just let them rot until I have spare time to take care of it.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you send requests to multiple priests, make sure to let the ones that might be trying to resurrect you that you have gotten life from another source. This is another way to tick off a priest with wasting mana only to get a response that the soul can't be resurrected.

I'd also request the dead to be patient when a priest is doing the resurrection, a few times I've gotten a tell that interrupted the concentration and I have had to start over or rest. Along these lines, don't expect every priest to have resurrection (mastered), we do fail from time to time and it will take multiple attempts and possible periods of rest before getting you back to life, if a priest agrees don't keep bugging them unless a great length of time has passed (and 5 minutes (or less) does not equal a great length of time).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:50 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Ilae wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind, if you send requests to multiple priests, make sure to let the ones that might be trying to resurrect you that you have gotten life from another source. This is another way to tick off a priest with wasting mana only to get a response that the soul can't be resurrected.

True.

Ilae wrote:
I'd also request the dead to be patient... don't expect every priest to have resurrection (mastered), we do fail from time to time... if a priest agrees don't keep bugging them unless a great length of time has passed (and 5 minutes (or less) does not equal a great length of time).

True.

I don't know about other priests, but just as my character keeps track of his enemies, he also keeps track of those who have proven themselves unworthy of future resurrections.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next