Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: In game notes (astral boards)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:02 am 
Mortal

Another newbie question here, how do you write a single note to multiple people so that only they can read it. Without using note to All if it's possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:44 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
I was wondering a similar question. How to leave a note to a political group on the public forum without making it open to 'all'. How to do so without knowing names.

I'm too lazy to examine the help files and such so I'm just thinking out loud but it might be possible to post a note to Name1, Name2, Name3. Or to Name1 Name2 Name3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:04 am 
Mortal

I read the help file and I think I'm just too stupid to figure it out. Would be really nice to be able to use the name of a Tribunal/Cabal instead of having to type all the names. That way all those with the flag of being in said Tribunal/Cabal are able to read it. Although Cabals already have a certain skill to do this from what I'm told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 am 
Mortal

When you start to compose the note, you can enter a series of commands preparing your note, such as:

note subjext <subject>, where you define the subject of your post.

note to <recipients>, where you can add specific recipients* separated by commas, immortal name, so that members of one religion** only can read the message, or to all if you want your message to be readable by all.

You can then enter the: write <language> command, which sets you in editor mode, and you can edit the body of your message in the desired language.

Finally, while holding the written scrap of paper, you can go to a post or an astral board and note post it.

I hope this helped.

*This means you can have one single specific person to be able to read the post, too.

** Not sure, but I think that this goes for cabal/trib name too. Better ask an imm, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 am 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
A while back, one of the side-affects of breaking into a faction's inner sanctum was being able to read their correspondence, possibly without their knowledge if your entry went undetected.

With the advent of ciphers you should be able to address a message to "All", comfortably knowing that no-one will be able to read the contents but your fellow members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:29 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
Alshain wrote:
A while back, one of the side-affects of breaking into a faction's inner sanctum was being able to read their correspondence, possibly without their knowledge if your entry went undetected.

With the advent of ciphers you should be able to address a message to "All", comfortably knowing that no-one will be able to read the contents but your fellow members.

Please note (astral boards) was part of this thread title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:31 am 
Mortal

Juggs, are you saying 'note to zavijah' will send a note to Zavijah and all his followers? If so, can I get an affirmation from an imm? And notes to cabs or tribs, which single word fits these multi-word cabs and tribs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:35 am 
Mortal

If Juggs is right, and you can do it for Cabals and Tribs aswell it would be the single word used in the box before the characters name in the who list.

Hand, Hammer, Midnight etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Alshain wrote:

Please also note that your response has literally nothing to do with the OP's question.

I know you're probably trying to do a little spit polish to your reputation, but being "helpful" in ways that nobody needs or wants isn't the way to do it.

So, uh, back to the drawing board for you I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:06 am 
Mortal

Alshain wrote:

Unless someone has broken the incredibly complex language code of SK and breaks though your elite cypher!