Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lie still; you are DEAD.
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm 
Mortal

Well here I am, on a jolly ol' stroll on the road along the cursed woods, and then out of nowhere a skeleton with a sword up his arse decides to count me in on the misery. So, I get smacked, and, being a bit used to the process I try to look around, and get a nice little message:

Lie still; you are DEAD.

Well.

Crap.

My con is still at healthy, my char hasn't aged a year, I have no clue why the hell I'm THIS dead. So, I try to quit, log in on another char and ask someone. And message #2:

You're not DEAD yet.

Well now SK is just being an [REDACTED], because when I last checked, I was DEAD. That's why I was lying still. So, what's going on? Am I perm dead already? Is this a bug? Does Achernar hate me? I guess so, because he's ignoring my pray right now.. And so my prayer goes out to the great elder gods of SK vets with too much time on their hands:

O great and mighty lords: WTF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:36 pm 
Mortal

Bad luck, really. You got caught up in a bug. The only thing you can do in this situation is to use the cabal/tribunal channel to ask for help (provided you are a member of a cabal or a tribunal) or pray. Often it may take a while for IMMs to respond because they are in buliding editors.

Another possibility to solve this is to wait until you eventually void out. I've not yet managed to check if voiding out and back in will fix it, but it may be worth the try if nothing else helps. Otherwise, please be patient. Eventually, someone will get to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:58 am 
Mortal

Voiding doesn't work. I've tried that before with this bug when it hit my necromancer. It actually refuses to let the game log you out if you wait even longer too. If I find people like this I'll either cure or kill them, to fix it. But praying can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:51 am 
Mortal

That's weird, the char this hit was a necro, too. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:41 am 
Implementor

I doubt it had anything to do with your character class. Hopefully your issue is now resolved. If it isn't, send another prayer or send a message to me that includes your character's name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:03 am 
Mortal

I've had it happen to other classes. It's rare but it does happen.