Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Delevelling and stat points
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 pm 
Mortal

Someone was asking me about this, and honestly I'm not entirely sure and I don't want to spread misinformation.

Lets say you're master 4 and you have a stat point. You dump this stat point into con and your con becomes maxed. You then end up dying and have to reincarnate for whatever reason or use the oracle, but you end up down leveling to master 3 and a stat point is deducted. What happens in this situation?

When you reattain master 4, you get a stat point back if I recall correctly, but is the stat point deducted from the point you just put into con, or is it a random attribute that it's deducted from? I remember a topic on this a long time ago, I can swear, but I can't recall if anything ever resulted in it. Can someone explain that please?

Tell me if I'm not being clear enough and I'll try to rephrase it so it makes more sense.

Post subject: Re: Delevelling and stat points
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I remember this being brought up a few times in the past, and I've been curious myself. I can all but guarantee that what you most recently trained has nothing to do with it. I've heard some say that it's always your primary class stat that loses a point. It might be random. It might depend on other factors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Yes, you will get the stat point back when you level again, but as Edoras said the stat point loss is random when you reincarnate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm 
Mortal

I don't think it's random. I think it is the stat most recently trained.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm 
Mortal

Muktar wrote:
Yes, you will get the stat point back when you level again, but as Edoras said the stat point loss is random when you reincarnate.

I am 99.99% sure the point lost is the stat most recently trained. Back in the day, players would get to GM on their character and then intentionally flee in order lose a level and drop back to almost eligible to 50. A little bit of exp later and they were back to 50 with a stat train.

They would "game" the system hoping to lose intelligence/wisdom as a melee type and strength/dexterity as a caster type. Then they would use the "free" stat train to get extra HP or mana. Yes, this really happened. In fact, it was quite prevalent when reincarnating still randomly assigned you a race available to your class.

Oh, the good old days of ultra min/max twinking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
It's not the stat most recently trained. That one, I can guarantee as I had to oracle shortly after reaching GM on Tari and lost a point to STR, which had been maxed for ages.

Pretty sure it's semi-random, with a weighted chance to have your class's primary stat affected.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 am 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:
It's not the stat most recently trained. That one, I can guarantee as I had to oracle shortly after reaching GM on Tari and lost a point to STR, which had been maxed for ages.

Pretty sure it's semi-random, with a weighted chance to have your class's primary stat affected.

Taking the lost point from the prime attribute for your class makes a lot of sense, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 am 
Mortal

Last I noticed it was primary stat, someone should test it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 am 
Mortal

I'm pretty sure it's a primary stat or most recent stat and it is not random. I remember what Finney is talking about and a change being put in to stop people from abusing the system.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:18 am 
Mortal

If I remember right, part of the problem was caused by a couple of shaman predoll voodoo cannons who abused it to get rid of just about all their non essential stat points to gain more mana trains for bigger voodoos.