Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New to SK, looking for some answers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm 
Mortal

I hope nobody minds if I continue this thread with some general questions, steering clear of specifics and IC info as much as possible.

So it turns out that it took me a while to figure out how to train and to level (is there any way of knowing whether a NPC can train other than walking around typing 'train' everywhere?). I fought a bunch of creatures and found I could level up quite a bit, past Amateur in fact. But now, it seems the way has closed for me and I can no longer complete some of the quests I was given. That makes me sad. :(

1) Do I have to delete and reroll to be able to do the quests in the newbie areas?
2) Do areas in this game typically close once you reach a certain level?
3) Is there any way to remove the impossible quests from my 'quests' list?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
I'm not sure what quest you are talking about (though I could guess). It really doesn't matter, though, because those quests were likely good only for a character of amateur status. If you are above the level of a quest then you will see diminishing returns from the quest reward (as far as XP gain goes). If you did have the ability to complete the quest you wouldn't actually gain very much from it (aside from, perhaps, enjoyment).

This is really the only area in the game that is closed off based on level. It will open back up for you once your character is mentor level and above. The purpose of this is so that your character can participate in the mentor system and train younger characters.

The best way to find out if someone is a trainer is just to walk up to them and type, "train." There are usually some clues if you look at the NPC and the general surroundings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
cheesekk wrote:
I hope nobody minds if I continue this thread with some general questions, steering clear of specifics and IC info as much as possible.

So it turns out that it took me a while to figure out how to train and to level (is there any way of knowing whether a NPC can train other than walking around typing 'train' everywhere?). I fought a bunch of creatures and found I could level up quite a bit, past Amateur in fact. But now, it seems the way has closed for me and I can no longer complete some of the quests I was given. That makes me sad. :(

1) Do I have to delete and reroll to be able to do the quests in the newbie areas?
2) Do areas in this game typically close once you reach a certain level?
3) Is there any way to remove the impossible quests from my 'quests' list?

1.) You don't have to delete! Just roll another character if you want to do the newbie quests to test them out. For amateur characters, I would say it's actually easier to get XP by training instead of doing the quests, and I love doing quests. There are tons of quests in SK, though - they give out different XP for different levels. I won't say never because crazier things have happened, but it would be nearly impossible to do every quest in SK while being the right level to get the full XP.
2.) No, just newbie areas and the ones of your kingdom open back up when you reach mentor so you can help other newbies.
3.) I wish, I'm anal about that stuff too!! Just don't think about it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
1.) You don't have to delete! Just roll another character if you want to do the newbie quests to test them out. For amateur characters, I would say it's actually easier to get XP by training instead of doing the quests, and I love doing quests.

I realize the rewards wouldn't be great, but 1) My character said he would do it, and I wish to stand by that and 2) I'm curious to the outcome!

ladyjennbo wrote:
I'm anal about that stuff too!! Just don't think about it!

Gaaaaaah!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 pm 
Mortal

Ah, I just realized... I can kill myself and reincarnate to lose a few levels! Yes, yesss? :devil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
You -can-, but the sacrifice you'd be making isn't going to be made up with the newbie quest area rewards. You will maintain the familiarity levels that you gained elsewhere, and the expees will be gone.

Up to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:30 pm 
Mortal

evena wrote:
You -can-, but the sacrifice you'd be making isn't going to be made up with the newbie quest area rewards. You will maintain the familiarity levels that you gained elsewhere, and the expees will be gone.

Up to you.

Thanks. My character will have the attitude of "I will bring you the newbie item I promised even if I have to die several times trying!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Alternately, you can wait until you become a mentor: You're able to enter the newbie areas at that point to aid younglings. You won't get any experience, but you'll have made good on your IC promise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 am 
Mortal

And in case its in a kingdom other than your own, you can leave your old kingdom and join the new one once you hit mentor (and then move back if you really want).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:03 am 
Mortal

Thanks everyone! Been having a lot of fun so far, probably put in about 6-7 hours between a couple throwaway characters and my current "keeper." I've had very pleasant in-game experiences (maybe just lucky running into nice characters). I enjoyed the newbie quests in my starting kingdom and am thinking of visiting others before I "graduate" from Amateur (again). It it required to join a religion at some point? Any tips for how to choose? How about cabals -- are there alignment restrictions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next