Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Areas all
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 am 
Mortal

The areas command does not seem to be working as expected. From reading the helpfile, it seems that areas all should give a list of ... ALL the areas in the game. As it stands, it is equivalent to areas, which filters by current level.

Since areas filters by current level and there are areas all <level> and areas <kingdom> <level>, shouldn't areas all really show all areas? I get so excited to find new places but it's disappointing that they drop off of my areas list. As a new player, I'd like to explore all/most of what the MUD has to offer and I don't understand why I can't see the areas I've visited/not visited once I level past them.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but if not, I would appreciate it if the MUD staff would reconsider the behavior. It seems like it would be a fairly basic code change to fix?

EDIT: Just for the record, I really like the sextant system and the availability of a world map online.

Post subject: Re: Areas all
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am 
Implementor

Currently, this is the list of supported areas sub-commands (which can be seen if you type 'areas <unrecognized command>'):

Usage: area all
area discovered
area familiar
area seasoned
area <kingdom>

I will update the help file right now so it is accurate. I'm not necessarily against adding other commands, but it's lower on my radar.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 am 
Mortal

I'm not so much thinking about adding new commands, but is there a reason that the areas command filters out areas that are a lower level than your character? One moment my character knows the sextant coordinates of an area and the next moment (after gaining a new title) he doesn't. I can understand filtering higher level areas, but don't understand the rationale behind "once you're higher than the recommended levels of an area you don't remember where it is." And I'd still love to visit the low level areas that I missed and track which ones I haven't seen yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I agree with you, cheesesk. I would love to be able to see all the areas I've discovered. I hate that they drop off your area list once you reach a certain level. This was a suggestion in Bugs Discussion a couple months ago, but it seems not to be a priority. I guess I didn't think it would be too hard to make the change, though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 pm 
Mortal

Found and necro'd the bug thread.