Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Art for sorcerors.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm 
Mortal

Max art, for sure, after the enchant changes it will allow you to dominate like NPCs that always seem to land petrification :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 pm 
Mortal

cotiak11 wrote:
Damn, I wish more was known about it. I believe I will max art just because I do plan on participating in pk. I was just unsure because my base CON is rather low, unhealthy, and so is my dex. I wasn't sure if it would benefit me more pk related to max art, or to max con and get dex close enough where I can max it with mods. I maxed INT and WIS before reading a post saying that it would be better to just max them with mods. I wish I wasn't such a newb. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Unless you want a bonus to fortitude from having a decent con it really doesn't matter much as a sorceror because you're still going to be frail and easy to kill. Back in the day when every class could train HP as much as they wanted it was a viable tactic to max con and dump HP, but since that is no longer an option I tend to increase the con stat via wearable mods.

Being able to enchant for stats has really changed the name of the game as far as eq goes, so keep that in mind when spending points toward "physical" stats. Do not feel bad about maxxing int and wis as a sorc, that's pretty much a mandatory thing to do unless you have the balls to depend on int and wis mods. I wouldn't max anything else though. Int/wis/cha are the three most important stats to a sorc so if I were you I'd mod your charisma, and dump everything else into art/mana and if you get to a point where you're satisfied with those two stats then dump the points into something to round them out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Maxing wis is definitely a "mistake" now since you can enchant 4 or 5 wis onto a jewelry piece with relative ease.

Not the end of the world though.