Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Pray Etiquette/Usage and Other Religious Queries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm 

Is it okay to use the pray channel for general prayers, or is that considered spammy/rude for the imms? General ic prayers of the sort where you want to tell your god something that may or may not be important, and that kind of thing.

Are there any religious commands that tell you who else is in your church and which ones can recruit? Or is that all supposed to be discovered by word of mouth even once you've joined?

Also, any tips for trying to RP with a small order with members you don't see much would be appreciated too :)

Post subject: Re: Pray Etiquette/Usage and Other Religious Queries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Xasuki
You can type who religion to see who is in your religion. That will tell you if there is anyone on the MUD at the moment who is you religion. As far as praying, I would say go for it. Most IMMs won't mind so long as it is not nonsense. As far as the small group thing, not sure I understand your question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:59 pm 

I see, okay thanks re: pray!

Is there a way of seeing offline members? Specifically, leadership.

And basically, I don't see my religious ordermates very much, so I'm kind of wondering if someone has suggestions on ways to, hrm, push your religion's cause somehow as someone who is still a little nervous about PK (since heh I'll have to back my words up, right??) and has low rank in the religion?

I guess that question is pretty vague, no worries on getting an answer if it doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Religious high followers have a flock list command not accessible to non-high followers. However, the who command can be augmented with the religion argument to show you those currently online.

Recruiting for religions is pretty well best done like recruiting for cabals/tribs: try everyone, and you'll get a few.

I would think that occassional IC prayers to your patron god would be considered acceptable, but if you're doing it every day or every five mins then it's probably going to earn you a slay or something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 pm 
Mortal

anothermudder wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if someone has suggestions on ways to, hrm, push your religion's cause somehow as someone who is still a little nervous about PK (since heh I'll have to back my words up, right??) and has low rank in the religion?

You could always try using the astral board to communicate with your faith members if your play times don't exactly mesh. Also, every religion has its own religious board which can be found in a random temple somewhere. However, they're not often used, and wouldn't be a reliable media for communication on current events..

All in all, I'd say it doesn't matter what your rank is in your religion. If you want your character to be a religious person with a cause, be as zealous about it as you want, because more often than not, nothing will get done unless someone is willing to take control. And don't be afraid of being terrible in pk.. Most of us are. The best way to learn is by experience!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 pm 
Immortal

In response to the question on prayers, I do not mind IC prayers whether I am visible or not even if you are not praying to Sadal but to another god. If I have time and feel it is appropriate I might send some form of response. However, if a staffer is in the process of building or using an editor of some sorts we will not see the prayers, so if it is something important and you've not gotten a response I'd try again a little later as well as sending an email to the appropriate staffer that is overseeing your religion. As others have said before...please do not spam us with prayers especially simple IC ones.

The staff list can be found on the announcements forum under staff contacts. You can also just type "wiz" in game and it will give you the emails for the various faiths/kingdoms/cabals. Whoever you patron is, they should be getting that email. I always ask that you be willing to give a few days for a reply as we all have lives outside of SK.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Sadal wrote:
I always ask that you be willing to give a few days for a reply as we all have lives outside of SK.

LIES AND PROGANADA!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I have had the pray command turned off for a few hours for praying ICly too often before.

But I still do it when appropriate for my character.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Alshain
Personally, I enjoy RPing with players when I am not building so I do not mind prayers. But keep in mind that there is not always an immortal online either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Xasuki
What!? The IMM staff is ALWAYS on. ALWAYS!