Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Help needed for building a solid Hellion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am 
Mortal

the_skaddict wrote:
IIRC from my Aludran Priest(2-3 years ago), no damage reduction spells on the priest does not stack with damage reduction. Also from what I could tell it was a straight half of the percentage of damage taken after all damage reduction on the target, not a calculation of actual HP taken.

Interesting.

If the redirected damage is not half the modified numerical damage done to the target, but rather calculated as half the percentage taken - it means the spell scales with the HP of the target. It would be quite a bit safer for the priest to cast it on a tank type with high HP than a cloth wearing caster type (that generally also gets hit harder) with low HP, since any hit to the latter will do a far greater % of health than to the former.

Good stuff - thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:52 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
It also makes sense as to why devotion is so imba.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:05 pm 
Mortal

It is a sick buff and a huge game changer. The only problem with it, IMO is that it can be held by a priest that doesn't have to be in combat. I think if was only able to be held by a priest in your group/combat with you it would balance it out a lot more. It is honestly OP'd right now, it can be held on a warrior by a priest that sits in a corner and spam heals/quaff heals themselves with no danger. If you are forced to be in combat with the person receiving the buff it helps even it out. On my max con/max HP aludran priest if I was in combat with the person I was holding devotion on I could be targeted and often was. It forced me to carry heals on me or have to cast heal at myself. Made it a little more interesting to hold. It wasn't a big deal at -all- in PVE but made a big change in PVP.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
Holy !@#$, talk about a post hijack! hahaha Damn you all :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Clearly you have to roll a hellion that mudsexes Aludrans.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 pm 
Mortal

the_skaddict wrote:
It is a sick buff and a huge game changer. The only problem with it, IMO is that it can be held by a priest that doesn't have to be in combat. I think if was only able to be held by a priest in your group/combat with you it would balance it out a lot more. It is honestly OP'd right now, it can be held on a warrior by a priest that sits in a corner and spam heals/quaff heals themselves with no danger. If you are forced to be in combat with the person receiving the buff it helps even it out. On my max con/max HP aludran priest if I was in combat with the person I was holding devotion on I could be targeted and often was. It forced me to carry heals on me or have to cast heal at myself. Made it a little more interesting to hold. It wasn't a big deal at -all- in PVE but made a big change in PVP.

There are other sick priest spells. I don't know why you're singling out one of them. Yeah it's really good and all but all you have to do is roll up an MR barb on any tank and they're trashed when all their buffs get sucked away. This isn't the first religious spell I think needs looked at.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:53 pm 
Mortal

Wasn't singling it out dude. Clearly there was post regarding THAT particular spell. I'm not [REDACTED] styles I don't call for wimps because they benefit me. I'm not asking for it be looked at or wimped just giving my opinion on why its so "broken". [DELETED]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
This thread is beyond gone.

Shut down.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8