Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Help needed for building a solid Hellion
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
Hey guys, just trying to learn a different class. I have little info on what I should be doing. So far the best instruction I had was that I would be depending on gear modified with stats and I should train ART to max. Anything else? I would appreciate any positive responses, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Help needed for building a solid Hellion
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 pm 
Mortal

Whoever gave you that information is off his rocker.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
Cool, think you could add more than just that? I mean.. telling me that what I've been told is BS doesn't really help me that much.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 pm 
Mortal

Art isn't too overly critical with the new impairment system.

Max Str Con Wis Mod Dex, Int, and Cha

Throwing a few into mana or Hp never hurts, but stat distribution ultimately depends on the build you want to create.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:04 pm 
Mortal

trollking wrote:
Art isn't too overly critical with the new impairment system.

Max Str Con Wis Mod Dex, Int, and Cha

Throwing a few into mana or Hp never hurts, but stat distribution ultimately depends on the build you want to create.

You are smoking rocks. Str and art are the most important stats for a hellion. STR for doing massive melee damage, and art for landing wicked maledictions.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm 
Mortal

Yeah...I did say Str did I not?
As for Art, Don't listen to him. Art does not apply to maledictions cast on weapons.
You will most likely be casting blindness, which will land on the second or third try since everyone goes for willpower and not fortitude.
Tardith can afford to dump a load into art because he knows where to find great mod gear to make up for lost stat points.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm 
Mortal

I'm going to paraphrase from an EXCELLENT post made by thecannibal on a different forum like three years ago which I cannot find at the moment.

Basically, hellions need every stat. They need max str, int, and cha. Strength affects your physical damage, int affects the spells you can hold and cast (dominate and hellfire being the most important, at least when it comes to concentration requirements), and cha affects the strength of your intimidate, which is an incredible skill. They don't necessary need max dex, con, or wis, but they cannot afford to dump any of those stats either. Aim for 11 at the very least (do not take awkward dex, unhealthy con, or naive wis), and closer to 16 (limber or nimble dex, healthy or durable con, clever or wise wis).

You do not NEED to train art. It will definitely help you, but you can play a hellion without training it. There are many ways to build a hellion, depending on your race, but the simplest and probably the easiest way is going to be to max your strength, charisma, and intelligence naturally (probably in that order), then train your con until it's "durable" when you're naked and not spirit disoriented, then train your dex until you can hold 16 items under the same circumstances, then make sure your wis is at least at "clever." You will have a few stat points left over, if you're at Grandmaster status at least, and you can put those points into art.

This is not going to give you the most powerful hellion build in the game when compared to min-maxed hellions with lots of stat mods, but it won't be far behind them and it should keep you safe. Nimble dex will let you dodge some dirt kicks, and durable con will give you a reasonable number of hit points. Your spells might not penetrate saves quite as well, but again it's not going to ruin your character, and you will be able to play without having to calculate weird stat numbers. Keep in mind that hellions are a very difficult class to play--possibly the MOST difficult--and you will need a lot of practice to get good at it. I know I still do, badly.

P.S. Everybody will tell you different things about how important art is and isn't. Take it all with a grain of salt until you figure it out for yourself.

Disclaimer: I am not a skilled hellion player; I totally just paraphrased cannibal, and badly.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:16 pm 
Mortal

trollking wrote:
Yeah...I did say Str did I not?
As for Art, Don't listen to him. Art does not apply to maledictions cast on weapons.
You will most likely be casting blindness, which will land on the second or third try since everyone goes for willpower and not fortitude.
Tardith can afford to dump a load into art because he knows where to find great mod gear to make up for lost stat points.

Yeah, it's called queueing up a priest or sorcerer nowadays to create that loot.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 pm 
Mortal

Go away! Nobody likes you!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:29 pm 
Mortal

trollking wrote:
Go away! Nobody likes you!

Are you on drugs?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next