Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help needed for building a solid Hellion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm 
Mortal

I'll take 25 str/dex 20 con and always being under half-weight and able to dodge. Really not trying to be a dick, but under half weight is HUGE. Also look at logs, how many giants beat humans if they are even remotely close to the same set up?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm 
Mortal

Right, I remember how being under half weight affected Draykeios, my MC giant merc. At his time, I was able to get a guard to hold lighten load on me and I was constantly under half weight no problem.

Again, it might be a difference in definition of the word twinking. Put a giant barb in the MC with the stat mods to order guards that can hold lighten load and the other normal buffs, and enough stat mods to hold that one spell to get str dex and con to 25 and max out hp and you have something.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my head, the giant should have the upper hand. Granted, what happens in my head and what happens in SK usually aren't the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm 
Mortal

Unless the Empire is different in that way also, from what I have read on the forums to trib changes is that there are no more orderable NPCs to hold lighten load.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Lighten load isn't accessible anymore expect for talons maybe. That's why giants are bad now. It seems like a small change but it's huge. I guess it's possible to have lighten load vials, but no thanks on that headache, brewed lighten load is extremely short.

Also, no difference in innate stats will make up for the fact that a human barb can use a lightning based weapon to deal double damage to a giant barbarian.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:01 am 
Mortal

RE?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
It's still going to hurt more even if you manage to get one of the 3-4 sources of RE for barbarians.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:09 am 
Mortal

And this is why I wish I had a sandbox SK server to play on. I would never get bored with all the tests and scenarios I want to play out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 am 
Mortal

Giants are terrible. As a player, you have to deal with the tremendous amount of weight the character has to carry around, and then having a weakness to lightning means that warlocks and shamans are going to tear the character apart.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 am 
Mortal

I seem to remember lightning doing jack [REDACTED] to a giant without RE in a recent log.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:50 pm 
Mortal

Le Petit Prince wrote:
I seem to remember lightning doing jack love to a giant without RE in a recent log.

You might want to re-read that log then, since the giant was mitigating at least 50% of the damage via devotion. He might have had sanctuary, protection, and shield active, too, but the log didn't show an affects list to know for sure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next