Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dealing with upper level experience and death
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:42 pm 
Mortal

Re: False Dichotomy. I have erratic playtimes and there are many situations where I can be on for a very short time (< 20 minutes), or I may expect to be able to play for an hour and have it cut short. I might not be able to spare the time to wait for a priest before I have to go. So I'm thinking of situations where the choice is either reincarnate and get my equipment or log out and not come back until the next RL day. How much RL time do PC corpses last?

Re: Poltergeist. Never seen that command before. You can push your corpse over a room or two?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
you can push it as far as you have mana/pe.

And if you are only on 20 mins...dont level if sadal hates you. Reincarnate is....a waste. Use the River of death quest as a last resort only. Reincarnate doesn't exist. Don't think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm 
Mortal

The ability to push your corpse puts an entirely new spin on things. I wish I had known this earlier. I've generally been wondering, "Why does it take so ridiculously long to get to the river?!" :P

Does SK have deathtraps? If so, can your spirit push your corpse out of the trap?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Player character corpses last roughly 8 hours before they decay, but they will not be destroyed upon a reboot if you die near the evening rollover. Also, even once your body crumbles, your equipment will stay put until someone collects it or the reboot, whichever comes first.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:13 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Yes, and no idea...fell into it prior to poltergeist. but you can push your corpse to most anywhere other than portal exits.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:03 am 
Mortal

Also, if you lose equipment, especially prior to GM, there are usually a few around that will be happy to help you get re-geared.

This was also said, but I will reiterate from the perspective of a very slightly 'older' newb: There are usually a couple of areas that are adequate at each ranking (veteran, expert, etc), just ask around in-game. I did, and was told things like "what status? okay, you can go here, here, or here."

Also, with your time constraints, see if there are one or two people that are usually on at your normal times, and ask them if they dont mind helping you blitz through 20 minutes of training. Training with someone doesn't HAVE to be hours in a row. But ya gotta ask, or we dont know what your agenda is ;)

Also... pets! pets! pets! Particularly ones that can 'rescue'. If nothing else, this will get your attacker npc off your back long enough you maybe can flee away successfully. And find a priest to brew you some recall potions...and then dont forget you have them (like I do)... Especially if you're in an exploratory mood.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
For one, I'd recommend that you -always- be ethereal when exploring. That will cut your exploring related deaths to a bare minimum.

Secondly, as has been stated, you may wish to ask around for places to level as people will generally have some good advice per your status. Lastly, I would definitely encourage you as a sorcerer to not worry about EQ at all until you get near to GM. All that sorcs need to level is a charm/pet, food and water. It's never worth reincarnating to get loot unless you've got some really sick sick high end GM gear, which you shouldn't have to worry about until you are, of course, GM. People don't generally loot corpses of others unless they're established enemies or the loot is really really good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 am 
Mortal

As I write this I understand it might sound elitist, and I assure you, I have zero intentions of that.

1) If you are trying to level in an area where you are dying before you hit ~late master or champion status then you are most definitely training in the wrong areas.
2) There is IMO 1 pet you need to level with. It is completely magic immune, and has a pretty damn good HP pool. It will slow your travel down, but will absorb a lot of spells from NPCs you didn't know cast spells
3) As has been said, don't worry about your EQ until you hit late master/champ/GM. You can honestly make it to if not through master status with the noob gear from the noob school.
4) Send tells, frequently and often when you are online. About anything. It's amazing how many people will see you to area, show you want to mess with, what to avoid, best strategy while there, etc etc
5) Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:03 am 
Mortal

What sorts of titles should I look for to identify priests?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:59 am 
Mortal

Look for anything priest related; priest, cleric, acolyte, bishop, ecclesiastic, evangelist, cardinal, pastor, pontiff, revered, vicar.. I think you get the idea.

There are some though, myself included, that don't use such words in their titles, your best bet as always is to send a tell to a friendly char and (kindly) ask them if they know of any clerics that are about the realms.