Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dance and Dex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Songs of sleep and silence take more Yuarheer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:51 am 
Mortal

Yes I know this. But also you dont need haste to dance/sing the 'good songs' (i'll leave you your opinions, but the song i get asked for most in battle is a novice-level song). polymorph scrolls can be quite useful here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:55 am 
Mortal

Uh, songs of sleep is overwhelmingly considered to be the best song by far, unless bards have been drastically reworked while I was gone. I don't know what in the world the guys fighting with you are thinking...are you talking about PvE or PvP?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:16 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Yuarheer wrote:
Yes I know this. But also you dont need haste to dance/sing the 'good songs' (i'll leave you your opinions, but the song i get asked for most in battle is a novice-level song). polymorph scrolls can be quite useful here.

I am going to assume you are participating in PvE, and not PvP. You should be using songs of sleep in the vast majority of group PvP.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:28 am 
Mortal

Point taken. I haven't had my bard in any group PvP yet. Although I have used songs of sleep in group PvE (with dancing of course), and I think it is best too. And not poly'd or hasted. I'm assuming then that PvP is more chaotic, mechanics-wise?

Well, my bard was just an alt anyways, and really just a fact-finding project. Of course, with all the new bards popping up, mine isnt even needed now. So, cheers! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:04 am 
Mortal

Yuarheer wrote:
Point taken. I haven't had my bard in any group PvP yet. Although I have used songs of sleep in group PvE (with dancing of course), and I think it is best too. And not poly'd or hasted. I'm assuming then that PvP is more chaotic, mechanics-wise?

Well, my bard was just an alt anyways, and really just a fact-finding project. Of course, with all the new bards popping up, mine isnt even needed now. So, cheers! :D

The affects of songs of sleep are just incredibly debilitating is what it is. Reduced to-hit, reduced dodge, reduced attack speed, and increased chance of miscasting a spell? That increases your own group's survivability vs melee and spellcasting and reduces the enemy group's survivability vs melee and their healing ability--although I'm under the impression that it's mostly used for the melee benefits as opposed to the spellcasting debuff. Other songs are nice too, but nothing really compares to the massive all-around-the-board advantages that songs of sleep brings. That thing destroys groups.

Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about. At all. I got my [REDACTED] kicked by a bard like a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 pm 
Mortal

Alright, looks like I stepped in it again. I just need to stop assuming I know anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 pm 
Mortal

To get an idea of how devastating songs of sleep are, go to the shattered kingdoms logs site (a google search of "shattered kingdoms logs" will get you there). Do a search for "Marietta" and look at the first log, titled "Darkies dominate lighties in Sith." It is a 6v5 pvp. The lightie bard gets neutralized early by frenzy, but the darkie bard is able to sing songs of sleep. It is a complete massacre. The only damage team darkie takes in the fight is from the backlash of spirit aura.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:29 am 
Mortal

Like I said, I get it. Just wish I'd known before I put all that time into training a useless character. So yeah, I was trying to defend my choice. Because the alternative is to just give up. So yeah, thanks Galactus, coulda used that info a couple months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 am 
Mortal

Eh, you can just use haste for pvp situations. Lots of characters always have haste during pvp.