Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:30 am 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
The international boards look like this: A crystalline device, emitting a dull hum, rests within ethereal light. They are where you can post a note and effectively broadcast it to every inn in the world of SK.

That's where I've been sleeping, wondering what that device was... :D Thank you :) I'll go again and try it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Mortal

They were written in a language I can't read.

New question: Will I always be able to reincarnate or is there a limit of times we can do it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:19 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
All eight languages are able to be learned in both oral and written formats. Most mentors can get you started, but you will have to practice to read fluently, as with speaking/listening.

Can I ask why you are reincarnating as opposed to using the Oracle? I get that you have play times when maybe not a lot of priests are online, but even though you are not limited to any specific number of reincarnations, the toll taken on your character is pretty hefty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:51 pm 
Mortal

One might not be able to use the oracle.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
grep wrote:

Every one has a chance to use the oracle.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:11 am 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:
grep wrote:

Every one has a chance to use the oracle.

I think we're saying the same thing in different ways, but both ideas provide a theoretical answer to Meissa's question. That doesn't chance the fact that Meissa raises a good question, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:26 am 
Mortal

Yesterday was a very bad day. Everything went wrong. :(

I need to understand Death well, because I am sure I will be dying lots just to NPCs. The first times I died I was resurrected by a Priest, who also took me to my corpse to recover things. I asked twice the same person, who was the same Priest I could see yesterday. The second time he redirected me to another Priest. I can then understand that Priests have better things to do other than resurrecting newbies like me all the time. :D In my first death I also saw a Portal and entered it..was there for some time reading the help and such and finally met one who asked me a riddle question, which I failed. Then a Priest resurrected me. I will try the Oracle some day again because I've got some clue now about it (I need more clues for maps, please!).

Reincarnating looked like a good option to me as I don't really know what is my XP and would not even notice what it is that I lose (as far as it is something I can get to recover it is not bad for me). But I have learnt that I will still need help, because after reincarnating I have to face again the same killer, and I will have to find the place where my corpse is (difficult task for me), go there with no weapons, or torch (when I was close it became dark), food or water (I got hungry and thirsty).

So the difficult part of Reincarnating for me is not the loss of XP (which I don't understand), but that I have it too difficult to recover my corpse.

I was having lots of fun with my little pony, but I have also realized it will be hard for me to go exploring with a pet if I can't recall with it :( I will need to recall because I get lost easily (I died yesterday trying to go back to my pony after I recalled).

Just a bit of my story for you to remember what it is like to be a clueless newbie. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:04 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
You -can- recall with your pet, but it requires the use of a spell that can be brewed into potions by certain classes. This would be good for me to add to help files if it's not there. I will check in on it.

However, I think that I have an idea to run by the staff that would help newbies and low-level characters in general in recovering from death. I do not wish to expand on it just yet as I cannot promise its implementation. I'll get back to you when I know more. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Poltergeist is your friend. When you die, move your corpse away from what killed you with the poltergeist command.

There isn't a map for the isles of the dead. Move around until you find a blue wisp that says if you're not ready to join the afterlife, then seek the oracle. Then find the yellow wisp, who will ask you the riddle.

XP is what you use to advance levels. When you reincarnate, you lose an entire level's worth of XP. It may not seem important to you now, but eventually it's going to be ludicrously difficult to regain that amount of XP. Either because the areas you have to grind to gain it are all in the red for familiarity or they're too difficult to handle alone or whatever. Reincarnation should always be the very last resort to returning to life. Always.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:22 am 
Mortal

This is something that might be helpful to newbies. Don't know if it is kept track of but when a character enters the River for the first time on that char's existence, the game sends a message: Please type, "Help Death", for assistance to come back to life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next