Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 am 
Mortal

I can see I advance levels quickly, but now I am not advancing Attributes, which I have understood is what enables me to train Stats. Will I advance Attributes by fighting or is it related to something else?

Second question: Is there some "channel" I am missing? (I see no channel).

I can reach the level to leave the Academy. I was told to advance levels, but somehow I don't feel prepared (the rats are too powerful in Consider).

Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Any trainer of skills or spells can also train stats (even if you couldn't normally train skills or spells with them due to class differences). If you type "train stat" at a trainer, they will list the attributes you can train with them. Each class of trainer will teach different stats, so if you're looking for a specific attribute but don't see it listed with a specific trainer, try a different class of trainer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:05 pm 
Mortal

Thank you. :) From your words I understand I will get the Attribute points by fighting. I could train stats before, but lately I am not getting points and wondered if they were related to something else.

Attribute points: 0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Stat points come from leveling (training not fighting) with bonus ones at creation. Keep in mind that the words use to describe your stats will not advance every time you train them, each word is a range of numbers with in the stat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
As for channels, this MUD has no global chat channels. If you join a cabal or tribunal (or one of each), there will be faction channels available to you.

Edit: You can contact any online character for assistance by using the tell command. Alternately, typing mentor in the newbie area or in an inn will call upon someone who has volunteered to help in an IC capacity, though they are usually excellent about lending OOC assistance, too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:18 pm 
Mortal

Ahh I knew there were "mentors" but didn't know they were called by typing "Mentor", which probably means I summoned one without noticing. I will again when I feel very stuck. :)

I will try to train something and see if I get new attribute points. And good to know I might see the same adjectives even if I advance them. The adjectives don't look bad anyhow. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:42 pm 
Mortal

You get a stat point at every level evenly divisible by 2. So your stat points come at lvls 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc all the way to 50 where you attain your last stat point. If you're not very familiar with how best to construct the stat build of a particular class it's usually best to ask your IC mentor. Most of the good ones will be able to help you direct your stat points to best effect so that you can have a competitive, successful build that will be enjoyable to play.

Each of the words used to describe the various stats is a range of 5 points, maxing out at 25 (note that only certain races have access to natural 25 stat maxes, and only certain stats at that). If you type "help <stat>" you will be able to see the full range of words used to describe your stats, and that will help you have a general idea of where you stand in relation to your maximum. Of course, any stat that should appear at a particular trainer but doesn't is already maximized. For example, bard trainers can train your CHA, but if you type train stat and don't see CHA on the list, then you've already maxed it with stat trains. Stats can also be improved with magical mods found or created in the game world. Your IC mentor should be able to point you in the right direction in that regard as well. So will reading "help consecrate" and "help enchant."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 am 
Mortal

I am taking note of everything, Activist. Thank you very much. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 am 
Mortal

I got my weapons stolen while I was not in the game. Is there a safe place where I can go to "sleep" or something I can do to avoid this happening all the time?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:36 am 
Mortal

SK is not like many other MUDs where the code prevents you from using items that are of a higher level than your character. The trade off for that is if you are holding or using items that are higher level than your character, there's a chance that they will get taken by logout thieves. There's no way to circumvent that particular bit of code other than to not use items that would be subject to it (so, items of your level or lower), or to attain Grandmaster level.