Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Which options are best for acquiring and exciting NEW players?
Poll ended at Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 am
Make the game less difficult/more casual (methods to be discussed) 13%  13%  [ 31 ]
Make the game more interesting before Master (methods to be discussed) 13%  13%  [ 31 ]
Native clients for Facebook and/or Mobile 6%  6%  [ 14 ]
Revamp quests for transparency (better hinting, quest chains) 18%  18%  [ 43 ]
Out of game communication (Ex: CB/TB Channels on FB messenger, note boards via forums, email notifications for game events) 7%  7%  [ 17 ]
Tradeskills (forging, dyeing, mining, etc) 18%  18%  [ 42 ]
Decrease number of starting cities (easier to find and meet players) 7%  7%  [ 16 ]
Official info sharing (Wiki and/or Guide Forums) 18%  18%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 237
 Post subject: Re: Vote: Best changes to acquire/excite new players
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:04 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I voted for making the game more casual, creating outside of game communication, tradeskills, and an official sharing method. All of the ideas appealed to me, but I see these as the most alluring for a new player. Some of them also would appeal to existing players as well, therefore providing double duty.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:56 pm 
Mortal

The one popular choice I can't understand is tradeskills. Is there some great feature I'm missing in this? MUDs don't normally do tradeskills well.

I remember trying a woodcrafter on a Skotos game: Enter command. Lag. Enter slightly different command. Lag. Two hours later, you're ready to walk into town to sell your stuff. Brew and Enchant Armor are downright exciting in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm 
Mortal

I voted for tradeskills because I anticipated them to be a vehicle for (re)descing custom equipment. A MUSH element I really miss, perhaps with some restrictions or tactical benefits, depending on how you look at it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:22 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
It's about adding an extra mechanical flavor to your character too. Crap, how cool would it be if you could actually craft your own magical devices or your own minor enchantment jewelry? Those are tradeskills I could get behind. Even without a huge mechanical benefit, it's more fun to RP as a woodcrafter if you can actually craft wood as opposed to having to make everything up through emotes.

Aaaand I just realized that someone is totally going to want a "babymaker" tradeskill if they ever get implemented.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:25 pm 
Mortal

Hahahahah oh man. Sims style genetics. That would be at once awesome and terrifying.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
Even without a huge mechanical benefit, it's more fun to RP as a woodcrafter if you can actually craft wood as opposed to having to make everything up through emotes.

+2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:41 am 
Implementor

Reminder that this poll is about to end, so if you didn't notice it due to the engaging reading material, now is your last chance to vote. It's also your last chance to change your vote, if anything in here swayed your opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 am 
Mortal

Would like to see these "tradeskills" implemented...

Not sure if anyone has played any of the games in the Harvest Moon Series, but Smoochy is rather..addicted...to Trees of Tranquility. Not to advertise, if we can have some kind of ball and string in our belts that incorporates that form of casual play it would really help boost our numbers.

Not to mention that being able to market ingame goods further supports a Merchantmen form of RP. Of course, on the pvp outlook, you could simply just rob the guy...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 am 
Implementor

Final results by popularity:

Which options are best for acquiring and exciting NEW players?
Poll ended at 22 Dec 2013 10:16

1. Official info sharing (Wiki and/or Guide Forums) 18% [ 43 ]
  2. Revamp quests for transparency (better hinting, quest chains) 18% [ 43 ]
  3. Tradeskills (forging, dyeing, mining, etc) 18% [ 42 ]
  4. Make the game more interesting before Master (methods to be discussed) 13% [ 31 ]
  5. Make the game less difficult/more casual (methods to be discussed) 13% [ 31 ]
  6. Out of game communication (Ex: CB/TB Channels on FB messenger, note boards via forums, email notifications for game events) 7% [ 17 ]
  7. Decrease number of starting cities (easier to find and meet players) 7% [ 16 ]
  8. Native clients for Facebook and/or Mobile 6% [ 14 ]

Total votes : 237

I'll wrap up this thread by saying that the staff will start taking action by rolling out some form of official info sharing via the forums within the very near future!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6