Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Background
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 am 
Mortal

This is probably not the best thread to take you up on any observations about enforcement. You might wind up having to correct other Staff members if they start replying.

I'll just say that I would like a background/lore/journal/think type command, but it might be important for its help file to recognize that it is intended to explain rather than to excuse a character's RP/PK.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am 
Mortal

grep wrote:
I'll just say that I would like a background/lore/journal/think type command, but it might be important for its help file to recognize that it is intended to explain rather than to excuse a character's RP/PK.

I'd be totally on board with that. My way of thinking with something like this is more along the lines of: When RP is rewarded (tokens), and there are interactions with Gods at times, it only makes sense for the Gods (and the people rewarding the RP), to be able to tell beyond the most basic rough lines (alignment) what your character is about. Something more like a summary than a story, if that makes sense. (All that said, I've pked one person 1 time in 6 years of playing muds, so it would be more a lens to view actions/reactions through, than anything relating to PK for me personally.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:42 am 
Mortal

It would be pretty cool to attach a message the reward command like one does with git commits; that way auditing rewards would be far more revealing. But honestly ... that kind of talk is just boiling the ocean.

A place to put character fluff would be cool. I think we're all just getting at the same general idea with different priorities leading us towards it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
It would also be cool if when you retire your character your journal can be put in a library for everyone to read. It would give flavor to the game and a chance for people to understand their history of old characters. Oh and Hai im back.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
With some possibility to edit/update pages from simple note taking to fleshed out/proofread things.

I mean one could keep notepad or something aside, but even I have not kept near enough notes over the extended run of this character as perhaps I could have.