Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Read Syntax, also Journals?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm 
Mortal

Is there a bug wherein you can only read the cover of books, or am I just missing something highly on the syntax when I try to read beyond that? I've tried all sorts of things along the lines of 'read book 1' 'read book page1' etc, and can only see the covers of them.

Also: There was a suggestion of making a journal in game, does write work on multiple pages of a book? Will it be readable, or is read glitched/bugged?

Post subject: Re: Read Syntax, also Journals?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:32 pm 
Implementor

Have you checked out 'help read' from in-game help? It should have the syntax. It also mentions that you must open a book before you can read individual pages. Could be that's the problem.

Not every piece of literature in the game is actually a book object, in which case it won't follow the page reading syntax. You can usually examine the object to see whether or not it is actually a 'book'.

Post subject: Re: Read Syntax, also Journals?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Have you checked out 'help read' from in-game help? It should have the syntax. It also mentions that you must open a book before you can read individual pages. Could be that's the problem.

Not every piece of literature in the game is actually a book object, in which case it won't follow the page reading syntax. You can usually examine the object to see whether or not it is actually a 'book'.

Derp. Thanks, I didn't see the part to open the books. I like the detail, but that's the part that threw me. Thanks for the quick help. :D