VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Lame Nub Questions...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
achiral wrote:
Finally, on an almost-entirely-unrelated note, I have to say that it's unfortunate the IMM staff seems to be lacking a vital role; namely, that of a "less serious" deity of goofiness/drunken-ness/comedy/fun such as the much-beloved Yopparai of yore. What's up with that :P This game seems pretty super-cereal these days, as far as I've gathered from the admittedly-flawed technique of reading forums posts. Is this a faulty assumption, or would there be some truth to such an observation?

Marfik just quit - was like this, and honestly, in my opinion, he was run off because other IMMs wouldn't let him intervene or participate in their plans, even if it went along with his RP, and they didn't get along with him BECAUSE of the goofiness. He also broke a rule and chose to leave instead of get punished, so there's that too. :P

All that being said, I don't think Dulrik has ever put hardline restrictions on his IMMs regarding RP. If anything they have a lot of interpretation per player.

It's really hard to please players, much less IMMs. Some people hate being "forced" into silly RP with IMMs like this, or even other characters, and then bash you on the forums. I've always enjoyed the sillier concepts and IMMs and hate when the game feels too serious, myself.

But even the IMMs that are left ARE just as capable of being fun - and are very interactive - just maybe not as a deity themselves. Like it doesn't make sense for Sargas to drunkenly roll into the inn and start tickling everyone sitting there. But maybe if he's watching you, something funny will magically drop from the sky!

tl;dr it's easy to be fun in game with other characters (just meet Olivette!) and yes the current IMMs will participate if you catch them in the right mood, just maybe not directly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:40 am 
Implementor

No, the pruned posts are not archived anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 pm 

For what it's worth I didn't mean to be hostile/critical with the "seriousness" comment. It was just an "afterthought" almost. I certainly didn't mean to imply that the game was lacking ability to have fun or that the immortals didn't allow it. Was simply a "awww...that was a fun god" type thing.

I'm sure that SK always has and always will be a great open-ended environment where any RPing of any amount of silliness (within reason) is embraced, allowed, and can thrive. :D

Definitely no question of "fun-ability" anyway :wink:

Thanks for replies.