Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Pick all that apply. In no particular order.
Sea Caves. 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Outer Planes (in general, more specific options below). 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
Wastelands. 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
Temple of Murder. 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Saisua's Tower. 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Radi Kenga's. 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
Dreamscape. 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Somnium's Tower. 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Nightmare Temple. 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Beozaztar. 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
Cain Techt. 8%  8%  [ 15 ]
N'kysha Caves. 4%  4%  [ 8 ]
Newbie Academy. 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
A CRS Raid. 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Ch'zzrym Matron Houses. 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Necropolis (basic). 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Necropolis (all of it). 4%  4%  [ 8 ]
I don't recognize some of these. 6%  6%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 179
 Post subject: Re: I currently play and can lead a party to...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
So... This thread is great. how do we translate this into actual IC adventures?
Should people start adding 'leading an adventure to xxx' in their title?
I feel like it's a good poll and all. But there is nothing that influences players to actually go to these places they know.

I think this would be a good place to bring up the incentivizing of PVE. It's something we could really use.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:12 pm 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:
So... This thread is great. how do we translate this into actual IC adventures?
Should people start adding 'leading an adventure to xxx' in their title?
I feel like it's a good poll and all. But there is nothing that influences players to actually go to these places they know.

I think this would be a good place to bring up the incentivizing of PVE. It's something we could really use.

Everywhere on the poll list except the IC, Nightmare temple, and maybe Somnium's tower can be 2-manned, a lot can be soloed.

PvE isn't a public thing because most players suck, and one [REDACTED] player can get a whole group killed. Or just because certain people are a headache to group with. Or because people don't want to share loot.

As the only player to lead groups to the IC or Nightmare Temple recently (on both my lightie and Dakken, all events that spawned more player interest and caused more playtime than any recent imm event, don't mind me, I'm just over here actually making sure people are having fun and playing), I have to ask, what incentive is there for me to invite randos besides trying to be nice? --Which I'm already doing by leading these trips in the first pace, mind you. I personally got literally 0 items out of the trip to Ephialtis. Dakken is wearing the stuff now, but somebody else had it for a month+ after the trip because he didn't need it. He has 1 item from the IC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:00 pm 
Mortal

Syn wrote:
PvE isn't a public thing because most players suck, and one dirty player can get a whole group killed.

That's a good point, actually. Risk/reward paradigms that handle things like scaling random encounters and CRS defenders seem to assume a certain level of player skill. When the group members being added aren't able to pull the additional weight (due to a lack of talent or just a bad build) that the system adds to scaling challenges, the whole experience sours. Yet another reason why SK should not try to adopt a tiered gear MMO structure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
.... I'll add a copper here. Anyone who wants their character to write a scroll or short book with some IC information on where to find the entrance(s) to somewhere, what type of group (or perhaps individual professions) would make the adventure more successful, and some tips/hints/clues on where to go looking for things essential to navigating the location successfully would be welcome.
I will also say the one entry like this that exists in the game was written anonymously (no record of the character in the game), so that's neat also.

Don't worry about editing; I can handle that and work on that and insure when submitting things to give credit to authors.
Think of it as a way to leave a permanent character mark. Offering this as a suggestion for how the players of the game can construct a solution. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Pook wrote:
.... I'll add a copper here. Anyone who wants their character to write a scroll or short book with some IC information on where to find the entrance(s) to somewhere, what type of group (or perhaps individual professions) would make the adventure more successful, and some tips/hints/clues on where to go looking for things essential to navigating the location successfully would be welcome.
I will also say the one entry like this that exists in the game was written anonymously (no record of the character in the game), so that's neat also.

Don't worry about editing; I can handle that and work on that and insure when submitting things to give credit to authors.
Think of it as a way to leave a permanent character mark. Offering this as a suggestion for how the players of the game can construct a solution. :)

+5