Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hard to come back -- disappointed.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
It's pretty easy to figure out in game rationale for Ayamao being closed if you participate in current events. I do think a high level Announcement board note --- or even MoTD note --- saying "Ayamao currently closed for new characters" might be helpful to newbies. It's not reasonable however to request full help file rewrites for dynamic or as-yet-not-fully-announced changes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:56 pm 
Implementor

Done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
patrisaurus wrote:
I do think a high level Announcement board note --- or even MoTD note --- saying "Ayamao currently closed for new characters" might be helpful to newbies.

That's a reasonable suggestion. Perhaps a comment to this effect in the "Ayamao" help file would be a good idea to add.

patrisaurus wrote:
It's not reasonable however to request full help file rewrites for dynamic or as-yet-not-fully-announced changes.

In regard to the Ayamao help file, it's still accurate. The Ayamao is a geographic region, the Ayamaoan Alliance is a political entity. While the political situation for the centaurs of Grahme is in flux, it remains true that the centaur village of Grahme is, indeed, still within the Ayamao. If other changes continue, requiring help files to be changed, then we'll do our best to keep them updated as events unroll. Constructive helpers to let us know when one has been missed are, of course, welcomed.

Help Ayamao wrote:
The Ayamaoan alliance is a little-known, loosely arranged federation of
villages and towns in the southwest region of the realms. The lands there
are rarely divided by any sort of roads, only the natural paths affording
any sort of passage through the plains and forests. The homes of many of
the non-human races can be found here...the sprite village, the elven city,
and the centaur village.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:32 pm 
Mortal

I just want to say that although I was disappointed with the new academy, I decided to keep playing. I've had very good interactions with all sorts of characters. Thank you everyone who is kind to newbies!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:44 pm 
Mortal

A newbie who stuck around in spite of the terrible newbie academy, because of player interaction. Wow, how surprisi...wait no, I said that direct player interaction was 100x more important than the lame academy in the GD thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:21 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
The truth of the matter is that Ayamao is not the only location that will be shut down. In an effort to consolidate the players into more population-appropriate distributions as far as factions (which was also requested by the players), we have begun trimming down options.

I read this and think that I joined a mud that is dying.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:58 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Happy to report I've seen some of the highest player counts in months recently. We had 20 on all week and 35 last weekend. Don't think this place is dying yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
patrisaurus wrote:
Happy to report I've seen some of the highest player counts in months recently. We had 20 on all week and 35 last weekend. Don't think this place is dying yet.

Agreed.

Perhaps however long ago/ when the game was made there may have been more players, before the advent of graphic MMORPGs.
Staff may only be recently downshifting. There are certainly quieter hours and busier hours, but the count today is what it was at least for the last 3 years. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:22 am 
Mortal

So I made a character in the last week or so, after not playing in 6+ months and there is really only one thing I felt the hurt on. It was awfully difficult to find "newbie" trainers from some skills and spells without the newbie zones being open. I'm sure those skills/spells are available from other trainers I don't know about it, but it was definitely a culture shock. That said a new player would never even know what they were missing so... I guess its all a moot point right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:54 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

At least one former newbie zone has been adjusted and re-opened. But if you feel it's too hard to find a trainer for something specific, it's really easy for us to check and tweak if necessary. A quick pray would probably work, so long as you don't get spammy about it. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next