Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shields and Armor Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:39 pm 
Mortal

Noob question. Does armor protection increase a shield's ability to shield block or chance, or does armor protection ONLY affect the DR received when struck?

Post subject: Re: Shields and Armor Protection
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:31 pm 
Mortal

the search feature is ur friend. this question has been asked and answered before by dulrik.

yo dawg i heard u like clinking links so click here

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:01 pm 
Mortal

That was helpful, thank you.
My follow up question is, assuming it applies this boon to chest/arms/hands/waist - do the armor protection runes directly stack with the armor protection runes on those corresponding pieces?
If I have a +5 AP adamantite breastplate and a +5 AP adamantite shield and I am hit in the chest am I getting 10 armor protection runes worth of damage reduction? Or is it some percentile? Not looking for pure numbers as I know I won't get them, but it would be nice to know if it is a flat stack of AP or only partial bonus from the shield.
Or is it neither and it takes whichever bonus is greater, if you have a shield with a ton of AP then there is no point in having AP on any of your chest/arms/hands/waist?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:32 am 
Mortal

Baranov wrote:
That was helpful, thank you.
My follow up question is, assuming it applies this boon to chest/arms/hands/waist - do the armor protection runes directly stack with the armor protection runes on those corresponding pieces?
If I have a +5 AP adamantite breastplate and a +5 AP adamantite shield and I am hit in the chest am I getting 10 armor protection runes worth of damage reduction? Or is it some percentile? Not looking for pure numbers as I know I won't get them, but it would be nice to know if it is a flat stack of AP or only partial bonus from the shield.
Or is it neither and it takes whichever bonus is greater, if you have a shield with a ton of AP then there is no point in having AP on any of your chest/arms/hands/waist?

Armor protection only helps the slot it's on. It's not going to take enchants from the boots to apply it to the head.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:54 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I believe they are asking does shield and chest stack if the blow is going for the chest. As in should I only enchant my shield OR my chest rather than both. No blows are aimed at the shield but the shield does cover areas that you may already have AP enchanted on. As in can I sneak more MP on my armor for no loss. I have not tested it myself but I would guess it is worth doing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:20 am 
Mortal

The shield should stack with the other pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:19 am 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
The shield should stack with the other pieces.

So if I have 6 AP on my chest/arms/hands/belt and 6 AP on my shield I'm going to be functioning at 12 AP whenever struck on those areas. Good that's what I was hoping.