Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Looking for a new home to adventure, RP and PK in
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:48 am 

Hi all, As the title says I'm here to try out SK and see if i will like it enough to stay. What I have read and seen so far it seems good.

I normally play mages but went with a Minotaur Shaman. Thought the combo of high str and con will keep me alive and some spells will keep me interested. I found a site from 2011 stating some stats, probably outdated now but that's all i could find. Google searches for a wiki proved futile.

What do you recommend me checking out and doing after i have completed the newbie academy? Any tips also appreciated. My character is called Azeth.

I'm in the UK and play in the evenings normally from 9PM.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a new home to adventure, RP and PK in
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:05 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gemyna Milmyra
First of all, welcome to SK!! We're definitely glad to have you.

Where you should go next really depends heavily on your alignment. You should see about getting a mentor-level character with similar alignment (light/gray/dark) or higher to assist you IC; most characters IC are very newbie friendly and helpful you'll find. That way they can direct you to alignment and class appropriate training areas. That's my suggestion and the best way to learn the game quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:24 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Your best bet is to use the "who" command to see who is online, and looking for someone who might want to be helpful and friendly towards your character. Then send them a tell in game saying you're a young adventurer looking for guidance. An in-game mentor can help you find the right areas to train in and introduce you to other characters so your own character can RP and develop.

Even if you end up sending a tell to someone who is the wrong aura or not interested in helping you themselves, they will likely point you in the direction of a PC who can and will.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 am 

Thanks for replying I will definitely look at sending a tell or two at people. I am of a good aura so hopefully plenty of others to help me.

One thing i am getting my head around is not seeing my level or xp i gain from killing. I find it odd. but i guess it's meant to discourage you from grinding and to go explore.

Did find the worth command which says how far i am from leveling. How do i ask IC how to train my attributes amd how to see them? the score command is a bit shy on what it wants to show.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:44 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
At the bottom of your "score" sheet (type score or just sc), you will see something to the effect of: "You have just begun your journey to the next level." This scales up. Just begun, long way to go, a third of the way, nearly halfway, et cetera. Gives you a basic idea of how you are progressing.

To train attributes, the command is "train stat ___." Without an argument, "train stat" will force the trainer to tell you which specific attributes he or she can train, as well as how many sessions you have available. The number of available sessions is also on your score sheet. "Attribute points: 1"

You also have an attributes sheet, which you can find by typing either attribute or just att.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:49 am 
Mortal

Welcome to SK! Hope we run into each other in game! My character tends to be very helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 am 

Thanks for the help!

I have today done the first noob thing. I think i set my adjective to 'A'.

I read the help file but tried typing a sentence that i wanted to appear. So it took everything before the 1st space which was a.

How do I check my adjective and fix this silly mistake?

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
lrk89 wrote:
Thanks for the help!

I read the help file but tried typing a sentence that i wanted to appear. So it took everything before the 1st space which was a.

thanks

Unfortunately you will need a staff member to change it for you. Sending up an ooc pray can help if there happens to be a staff member online and available.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 am 
Mortal

Welcome aboard! You play a little later than me as I tend to go to bed early (we're one hour ahead here in Denmark), but I hope to see you around anyway. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:32 am 
Mortal

lrk89 wrote:
Thanks for the help!

thanks

You should have seen my first description. When people looked at me, it was riddled with direction spam, prays and me trying to read help files. Lulz