Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quest/interaction frustrations
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:17 pm 

I used to play SK many years ago and thought I would take a look at it again. Almost immediately I realized I don't understand the quests/riddles and am having a lot of trouble with some novice ones. I couldn't figure out the one in the adventurer's academy, and other than two "find an item" quests that I found, I'm now stuck on another. I'm not sure how specific it's okay to be about this on the forum so I'll skip details for now.

Speaking to NPCs to get the quest started is fine, but somehow I feel like I'm not understanding the kinds of interactions I can have with the world. I know I can examine things or push stuff, etc, but then I'm at a loss for what to do next. I don't understand if I'm supposed to talk to the NPCs more to get more information, or if I have to take a particular action in another room to make the next step happen. Anyway any tips would be welcome. If it's okay to just post a direct question about the issue I'm having that would be fine too, I suppose it's possible it's a bug?

I know there's a 'mentor' option as well IC, but when I used that recently nothing happened.

Post subject: Re: Quest/interaction frustrations
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Hi Dan. Even if you've played SK before please make sure your in-game title reads "New to Pyrathia" and that will almost always invite help from one of us who keeps an eye out for such things.

Entering the mentor command will send an email to a relevant player informing them of your request (if they have it toggled on). If characters are logged in, they'll also receive the request.

I think you're welcome to be as specific as you like regarding quests that you're having trouble with. You may not get the answer here, but it will prompt others to take a look and make sure it's working as designed.

Post subject: Re: Quest/interaction frustrations
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 am 

Thanks! I changed my title back to new to pyrathia, and I did manage to get in touch w/ a mentor. Everybody has been very helpful and What I was doing wrong (for any future newbie who finds this) was that I didn't realize you sometimes just have to type a command directly, as if you were "thinking" it.