Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I can't get a confirmation email sent to my Gmail.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:11 pm 
Mortal

I've been trying to use tokens to create a character, but I'm not getting any email sent to my Gmail to confirm. I've checked inbox, trash, spam. I've never had this problem before. Any ideas about Gmail settings I've screwed up, or other suggestions? Any new char I make can't even "tell". In fact, it doesn't look like I'm getting any emails on that account.

Post subject: Re: I can't get a confirmation email sent to my Gmail.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:42 pm 
Mortal

This is also happening to me. I have not been able to get a email sent from the game for the last few days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:15 am 
Mortal

I tested this 2 days ago and had the same experience. I also tried an Office365 account, and I didn't get one there either. I've prayed about it in-game, but haven't received any update.

I suspect the email relay is broken. Are any of you getting notification emails, like the [SK Alerts] Today's Alert Digest?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:51 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
The staff are aware of the situation. Unfortunately, this will not be an immediate or easy fix.

Dulrik suspects that there have been repeated deliberate and malicious reports of our emails as spam. This is unconfirmed, but as you all know, any mail received is a direct result of a player signing up with a character. We aren't spamming anyone who hasn't given us their account information. Daily Alerts and the like stop if you stop playing. There's really nobody who would have received an email from us and been like, "Who what now?" 100% of folks who received mail from Shattered Kingdoms asked for it.

The staff, with the exception of Dulrik, is completely blind to your email addresses. While he could theoretically assign a new character to a player ID, without the verification code randomly generated and sent directly to your email, loyalty tokens won't be applied to the character. Thus, it seems like LT are out of the picture until this is resolved.

I know it sucks. I'm sorry. Thanks for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:13 am 
Gold Donor

I am still getting the emails, and probably will continue to do so because I am using my own mail server independent of Google or Microsoft and operate on my own domains.

Sucks you can't transfer LT from one email to another, hopefully it gets resolved for all of you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:18 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
the_me wrote:
Sucks you can't transfer LT from one email to another, hopefully it gets resolved for all of you!

You -can- change the email address associated with your PID by using the email command. However, we've noticed this problem on all the major providers. Unless everyone else follows suit and joins a private server, it's likely to be an ongoing issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:15 pm 
Mortal

We can transfer loyalty tokens to another email address? I'm not super in the know on what the real problem is, but if that is possible could someone explain how to do it? Also, could we keep getting updates on when/if the problem gets fixed? I mean making a new character who can't even send a tell is extremely frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm 
Mortal

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?ac ... n=toolpage

There is only one blacklist listed. What you may need to do instead is modify the SPF record of shatteredkingdoms.org DNS to include the IP addresses that are emitting the email.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:43 pm 
Mortal

I checked and tested my two old email accounts through yahoo. Both accounts are getting daily alerts/emails.

I imagine everyone here using gmail has checked the spam folder, clicked on AllMail, checked trash folder, updated any browsers/gmail apps etc.

One website said "Open the Gmail in the browser and go to the settings, now look for POP/IMAP settings and enable it, and if it is already enabled, then try disabling it and then re-enable it. Hopefully after that there is a method to test everything with another confirmation email?

If you find a fix or a method that worked for you, let us know here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:28 pm 
Gold Donor

If LT can be transferred and anyone wants an SSL secured email address for the time being from a domain ending moistbuns.com can have a free email at said domain, which would be strictly temporary and have to adhere to the ToS of Shattered Kingdoms, as well as the laws of the state of Arkansas... Possibly others. I'm a Canadian with an American web server, it's complicated, but my server is accepting emails from SK flawlessly.

There are others too, sounded like yahoo was good a while ago, but if that changed, interesting!

I verified my newest character around 48 hours ago.

EDIT: Feel I need to explain that moistbuns.com is a horrible inside joke that can be explained later in more detail! Sorry.