Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Veteran characters helping new characters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm 
Mortal

With such a low player count, I think veteran characters(not necessarily players) should really be helping new chars(not necessarily new players) a lot more than they do. Setting someone up with a weapon and jewelry in the Academy gives them SUCH a boost and, in return, the new char can repay this kindness with offering mentoring opportunities. Why this isn't a more common practice I'm not sure, but it is a completely equitable tradeoff. Jewelry/weapon for mentoring any skills possible.(Yes this includes languages and writings) It takes less than 15 min to gain the xp to learn all language and writing. I think it encourages returning players, as well, knowing they aren't going to have to start from scratch with no money, jewelry, or weapons. So all you vet chars, troll the Academy when you see new names. You new chars, offer up mentoring opportunity for weapons and jewelry. Everyone wins!

Post subject: Re: Veteran characters helping new characters
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:36 am 
Mortal

I think this occurs more than you think. I really go out of my way to thoroughly set up new characters for maximum success. Nobody wants to grind through the early part of the game and have it be difficult.