Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:50 am 
Mortal

One Valiant Truth wrote:
Why do we always send all the newbies to Taslamar?

To learn how it is to die in SK. :lol:

Now, honestly, there may be more helpful lighties in Exile, but IMO the best area to start a new lightie char is Nerina.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:00 am 
Mortal

One Valiant Truth wrote:

I think it's for historical reasons. The player population of Exile at any given time was normally higher than other cities, Empire rp was typically of a more challenging nature for noobs with hierarchy and such, Teron was typically where most battles were fought and was therefore fraught with danger for a noob char and Krychire took the average noob hours (ic) to walk to and from because of distance.

These reasons are less important now as pk happens everywhere and the population is less in all cities. Either way, Exile is still the easiest bet to get help from other players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
sloop wrote:
One Valiant Truth wrote:

I think it's for historical reasons. The player population of Exile at any given time was normally higher than other cities, Empire rp was typically of a more challenging nature for noobs with hierarchy and such, Teron was typically where most battles were fought and was therefore fraught with danger for a noob char and Krychire took the average noob hours (ic) to walk to and from because of distance.

These reasons are less important now as pk happens everywhere and the population is less in all cities. Either way, Exile is still the easiest bet to get help from other players.

Exile is definetly easier to get help in then anywhere else because it's has so many more chars in it then any other city and most of them are lightiers and nice, too. I've given away several obsidian at a time to newbie who just walk in and ask for cash, just because I was bored (at master+ it's really not a challenge to get money). An obsidian that wouldn't do me any good can get a newbie VERY far, especially if they can wear heavy armor or have low int. Also, there's a constant mix of high/low level chars in the Inn, so you can find training partners easily.

And there's that whole excitement thing :P