Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Code Update 12/31/2016 Q&A
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:07 pm 
Immortal

TacoRobot wrote:
I can, admittedly, think of some very convoluted ways to combine some of these things. But getting all the items together to /do it/ is a whole different story.

Fortunately there are lots of different combo methods you could use. Some are convoluted; some are not.

Quote:
Like sure, maybe the 'transport 1 person' items can be used in conjunction with a certain set of disappearing containers, to move a bunch of people. Even then though, some of the items just....aren't usable by everyone, one of the notable transport items has some pretty strict 'stat requirements'.

Not that strict. Achievable by most races with or without some help. Laughably easy for members of a certain cabal.

Quote:
And that'd, minimum, require 3 different highly unique and sought after items.

Not sure how sought after those things really are. They're good and all, but there are so many other feel good baubles that people might rather have.

Quote:
P.S. I've never been a fan of shamans tanking stuff. But, they can theoretically do it, yes. The problem with it for high end PvE, is they can't rescue, and it's basically required. Maybe work-aroundable with a bard behind them, ofc.

There are some hack rescue options open to shamans. But, yes, having a bard along would be nice. It seems like bards could be nice for other reasons, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:00 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
If I played a sorc I would be very wary of finding some way to bring charms into a place they don't normally go, like beyond a no-magic room. Seems like that's a good way to catch a curse for bug abuse.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 pm 
Immortal

Opey wrote:
If I played a sorc I would be very wary of finding some way to bring charms into a place they don't normally go, like beyond a no-magic room. Seems like that's a good way to catch a curse for bug abuse.

If it's happening due to the transport for groups, I don't think I'd consider it bug abuse. Though that's something for D to think about regarding the code. Not sure how you'd avoid that without going case by case.