Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

What are you thoughts on the Cabal Raid System?
It helps the game, and doesn't need changes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It helps the game, but could use changes 21%  21%  [ 15 ]
It hurts the game, and changes could not fix this 29%  29%  [ 21 ]
It hurts the game, but changes could fix this 42%  42%  [ 30 ]
No opinion -- I don't care or I'm not in a cabal 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject: CRS - A Poll
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:36 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
Please vote honestly, and with just one forum ID. I'm curious to see what players in the forums honestly feel on this matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:40 pm 
I can't say if it hurts or helps the game. Its like a gun, it alone cannot kill someone a person has to trigger it.

Does it need changes: I think we all agree to this with a big, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:42 pm 
Mortal

It might not help at all if its stays as it is... changes must be done...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:44 pm 
Mortal

I have been reading a lot about everyone complaining about this system. I think that main problem that I have with it is that fact that nothing has been done to help fix the problem. Dulrik said in another post some where that he does not consider this system a failure until he has done everything in his power to make it work. The main problem that I see with his is that nothing has been done to try and fix the problem. That I think is where the player base has most of it problems.

Now, I fully understand that there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes and that Dulrik does not get paid to sit all day long and code his game. He has also been hard at work putting in other new systems that have greatly improved the game. But the problem that I had with this is that fact that Dulrik does not think that fixing this system is a priory. That is what I find most perplexing. Now I am not saying that the whole thing is crap and we should scrap it. But the fact that he does not think that it is a problem when it is clearly broken.

I think that if the player base new that Dulrik was trying to fix this system people would let it side. But the fact of the matter is that we have no indication that he even cares about fixing this. Flaming, bitching and complaining are just our ways of telling the Imm’s that we think that something ought to be looked at. Frankly, I do not think that it truly has been looked at. Until that time when the Imm’s think that this needs to be looked at, we are stuck in this cesspool of moaning and complaining about the damn same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Dulrik just made a post yesterday saying new changes are coming in on the next update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:45 pm 
Mortal

Well, lets hope that fixes things up, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:02 pm 
Mortal

I am torn between two ways. I have yet to see or hear about any ideas that might make the system work, but I am still not yet fully accepting it as a failure. I think a lot needs to be changed, not only with CTF, but with Cabals, and the way Tribs and Cabals are run.

For now though, I had to vote that there is no way to fix it because I cannot think of anything that will even remotely make it better.

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:33 pm 
Mortal

According to some complaints I've been hearing, the poll option "I'm not in a cabal because of CTF" would be valid amongst the the concerned playerbase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 am 
Mortal

chex_centaur wrote:
According to some complaints I've been hearing, the poll option "I'm not in a cabal because of CTF" would be valid amongst the the concerned playerbase.

It needs work, everyone knows that, and everyone knows Dulrik is trying to fix it.

I think it does hurt the game, but I still try to be in a cabal, even though I really don't like the CTF.

EDIT: I said some stupid stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:52 pm 
Mortal

I could never understand why cabal wars was put into place.

What did it do for sk that it was deemed necassary to put in that cabals weren't already doing.

A) it made a way to disable cabal abilities...k, i'll give it that..although its really more trouble than its worth.

B)...someone think of a b please cause im drawing a blank.

Did it promote cabal conflicts? Uh..we had those already..let's see:
bloodwars...teron war...the khore vs yopparai war (which ended up druid vs harlies) lots of empire vs exile stuff...wars which were SOOOOOO much more well rp'd and had real reason and thought behind it besides, hey we've hated you for a long time, lets fight. These wars had points to them..cabals now just seem to fight for the sake of fighting.

It fixed the cabal headquaters and made them all fair...no..it broke them and made them lame [REDACTED]. the few things that could be considered unfair (like locked rooms and such) could have been changed without this system.

I'm really struggling to find justification for the system. It came out of left field for everyone...no one likes it really. If more changes are coming, I'd be glad to see them and experiment with a final CRS as Dulrik envisions it being. Maybe his future vision will be fun and everyone will like it.

However, the present vision seems...without relevance.