Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should warriors receive a weapons spec from aging.
Yes. They should receive a weapon spec. 72%  72%  [ 23 ]
No. They should not receive a weapon spec. 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:19 am 
Mortal

EZE wrote:
What if the stats lost to aging were simply given back to the character, if they were trained up to that level that it actually decreased a natural statistic. You could train the stat point elsewhere, in hp, mana, move, art, int, wis, cha. This would give warriors at least zero loss in stat points, they just have to redistribute. Giant strength and haste should be readily available to an older warrior who has had time to make some friends.

E

Great, great idea.

Post subject: Barbarians
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:36 am 
Mortal Contributor

I'm going to pipe up here about barbarians because I have a skill idea for them.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me when I say that when a barbarian reaches second ageing, they should loose the berserk and fury skills. Hmm? Think about it. A 90 year old human man is going to throw himself into a mad rage and filled with adrenaline and heightened combat prowess? He's lucky if he can still walk under his own power.

That's why I propose the chieftain skill for barbarians. Cheiftain is a grandmaster skill that can be learned upon the second aging for a barbarian. At the same time the barbarian looses berserk and fury.

Chieftain basically represents the barbarians lifetime of hard work and reputation gained through time, his status is elevated by other barbarians and he is granted respect as sort of a tribal elder. Like natives, they have great respect for elders.

What it does is allows the barbarian to "tame" if you will other barbarians (NPCs) and use them as pets. It's basically like the tame skill, based off cha that a barbarian can use to get some NPCs under his control. How tough the NPCs can be depends on game balance. I'm not proposing that barb can walk around with a lvl 50 barb NPC charmed with no cost to himself. But still a significant NPC could be "tamed".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:48 am 
Mortal

I'd like to see a barbarian specialized in morningstars, or a swashie spec'd in khurki's that would be sweet....

This is after they age, they have already lost STR, CON, and DEX.

It makes sense to me that if your getting old and can't fight as well that you'd start employing a few of the techniques you've learned with your trusty side arm...

I voted yes.