Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Do hellions need something?
Yes they need something (give ideas and discuss below) 41%  41%  [ 16 ]
No, they are fine as is. 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Don't care. 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:04 am 
Mortal

<UNIMPORTANT>

Last edited by josephusmaximus3 on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:08 am 
Have I not spent half this thread arguing that hellions should receive parry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:10 am 
Mortal

Hmm, good point.

Perhaps I had the wrong connotation of you then. Most of what I see is you and someone else usually flaming back and forth. But today im running on about 3 hours of sleep and got a surprising moment of clarity while re-reading and it seems most of the previous posts seem more a logical analysis than a jaded/angry player.

Sorry then. My mistake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:16 pm 
Mortal

I believe that once you mention that Hellions are good fighters than you mean that using a main and vital fighting-with-a-sword skill such as parry SHOULD be in the skill list.

Overal the class is pk wise/powerful but not in any case the most powerful person on the realm.

Have in mind that cleave can end a fight but can also end a hellions life. Have in mind taunt, frenzy and of course barbarians with battle spears:P

I would not like a hellion coming in and owning a whole group of fighters nor would I like having a hellion demoted to a person that should better cleave and hide. Hellions should challenge others to duels and not avoid them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:32 pm 
Mortal

A hellion would lose in a 1 vs. 1 duel very quickly against any paladin, swash, merc, barb of the same level. maybe even some priests with magic vestment and good shield block skills. But, thats beside the point. What I would like to see would be a tweak to the way a hellion can curse/poison/weaken a weapon. If the malediction didnt disappear unless it was used in a fight, the use of maledictions could be extremely tactful. Other than that, add parry, maybe make a tweak to rift so that hellions with maxed INT (not sure if Helfs or humans get less int as a hellion), can sit down withh a dominate and rift, and then there really wouldnt be anything to complain about. As they are, hellions can be powerful, but I think the main fault for them, is that they take alot of effort to play/prepare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:50 pm 
Mortal

I think humans and half-elves have the same INT.

I would rather see dominate, a unique spell to them, tweaked for a lower concentration cost then rift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:21 am 
Mortal

They STILL don't have parry? :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8