Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Do hellions need something?
Yes they need something (give ideas and discuss below) 41%  41%  [ 16 ]
No, they are fine as is. 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Don't care. 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Hellions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:45 pm 
Mortal

I personally think a smaller concentration cost for domination, and parry since they have combat casting they are better off using two handers and cant take advantage fo the shield block skill they have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:02 pm 
Mortal

I voted for 'need something', but I'm not sure that's really true in game mechanics. My understanding from hardcore players is that Hellions can be a really good class PK wise, if you know what you're doing. Thats fine.
I've just thought that their skillset vs. their description was always kind of misleading.
I mean, their supposed to be people obssesed with their own personal honor, who never use deceit because it would display personal weakness. Their supposed to be unafraid of combat, their supposed to dual people 1 v 1 to settle their debts. Yet, lets look at the primary rules for hellions:

1. Always be behind a dominate or pet with a polearm that can cleave. Front row hellion = boned hellion
2. Always hide/invis and use cleave to get in the first hit. Hellion who doesn't get off cleave my well be boned hellion.

I'm not saying that the class as is sucks, or is incapable of PK or anything like that, because I haven't played one in forever. What I am saying is that their skillset doesn't seem to line up with what they're supposed to be. Anyone else agree on this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:06 pm 
Mortal

Remove shield block, add parry; decrease concentration, increase initial casting cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:06 pm 
Mortal

Only thi9ng is dominate takes a lot of concentration. Dom plus shield plus protection usually isnt able to be held. Deep-elf hellions can do it, but they get raped hrdcore from BoG now anyways and the shiield doesnt really matter anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:18 pm 
Mortal

Why remove shield block when paladins get shield block, dodge and parry. Although the increased casting cost for dominate I would agree with if the concentration was lowered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:18 pm 
Mortal

Just add parry. It's been said many times, it's stupid a rogue and bard can use their weapons to deflect hits and a hellion cannot.

Domination is fine, the high cost is needed since if it was lowered we would have heavy armored sorcs with a charmie and a big opening attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:22 pm 
Mortal

Not really because the level gap between charmie and charmer would still be there. I might also accept a change to the domination spell wherein it can only be used on like aura, or maybe even only on other hellions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:29 pm 
Mortal

Well sorcs charms can destroy anything a hellion would dominate plus sorcs get petrify which, more often than not, will be deadlier than cleave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:34 pm 
Mortal

A half-elf hellion can't hold domination while sitting and rifting at the same time, that is a [REDACTED].

Adding parry would make sense both in sense of balance and reason.

So all in all adding parry and lowering concentration on domination slightly would be ideal, the great mana drain from domination is ok as it isn't supposed to be as good as charm, even though they can only pick lowlevel NPCs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Best dominate i could get were mentor level mercs. That's not bad.

Yea, basically parry is all they "need," they've lived fine without them but it's a definite aid when [REDACTED] goes down and they start getting hit by polearms (not a good thing). The no rifting with a dominate thing really does suck, and the fact that they really can't cast spells while holding a dominate anyways unless that's the only spell they have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next