Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:16 am 
I always thought the Empire was a huge seafaring Empire as well, with Pyrathia being one of many invading fronts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:25 am 
Mortal

Other events that might be considered important, if anyone can recall more than I can about the RP surrounding them AND THE TIMES!:

The two(?) destructions of the fist monasteries. I know the second one was a while after the Leviathan RP, but before CRS. The first one was shortly before I started playing I think.

I used to play lots of zhensh characters, so I mainly had an interest in their history. Sadly, I've lost some of the logs I had that contained some of the most interesting stuff from back then. Some of the things I recall vaguely:

Emperor Li gaining power and allowing the fist to run Zhenshi. Historical era.

Tenkawa's birth, and taking in by the fist during the reign of Zhang. Essentially just before Zhang war.

Zhang wars. Won with aid of Ayamoan alliance, and a force of dwarves who I can't recall for the life of me! There was a cool story associated with them. They were meant to be refugees from another plane, a place called Ghover-Dhun or some such, ended up being given the lands that became Argudhun in Zhenshi after their aid to Tenkawa in the Zhang wars.

Okay, here I get massively vague on names. Tenkawa died to the void spear (a legendary weapon capable of destroying a soul so they cannot be resurrected), leaving leadership to the dwarf who used to be in the temple in Nerina. She gave up her priesthood in order to have a family that could lead the Empire. Basically, there was an awesome story at the time surrounding all her children and lots of prophesies spread out over approximately the right amount of IC time for the children to grow up somewhat (long lasting, yes). So end result was the black sheep of the family, Medro, messed it all up, and Zhenshi had no leader, becoming the theocracy (if that's the word) it's now meant (I think) to be.

As a matter of interest Medro and the void spear are still in the game. The times all these things happened are simply spread between the zhang wars and about 1 1/2 years ago.

I also love the whole Jewel of the East RP that came back to haunt us briefly during the recent "signs" GRP.

Could get in touch with Ain and find times he thinks the jewel was first captured by the Zhenshi (sacking of Cathar'du by Empire, beginning of third age), when it was taken by the Imperials (supposedly sometime towards the end of Li's reign, since the thing purportedly brought him his good luck and prosperity), when it was given away by the imperials (whole jewel of the east RP, I can log on and find what dates that happened sometime), and then finally taken back (recent history - last two months).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:13 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Thanks Sineran. That's exactly the kind of info I need.

If you could let me know whereabouts more specifically you recall seeing that info, I'll dig it up and try to repair the contradictions.

Last edited by werttrew on Tue May 03, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:14 am 
Mortal

sineran05 wrote:
I used to play lots of zhensh characters, so I mainly had an interest in their history.

Nerina's library offers a history of Zhenhi up to the formation of the Council of Blossoms & the beginnings of the Talons. Sources included exsisting texts in the Fist Monestaries (so many of their details were included..), as well as imput from Bugtussle, Dalamar, and the generousity of others who helped see to its completion. I can look into that later this week, school permitting, or someone else may wish to better summarize:

Emperor Li's 'immortality'
The establishment of the Order of the Fist of the White Swan
The Usurpher, Rise & Fall of Zhang & its implications
Formation of Neo-Nerina & the beginning of the Council of Blossoms

Riley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:52 am 
Mortal

There is a (long and real nice!) lore file on the Void Spear that touches on some of what Sineran mentioned. I'm assuming such wouldn't be appropriate to post here, but I can mail it to you if you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:05 am 
Looking through an old log, I found the end of the peacekeeper hammer split rp.

Code:
> time
It is 4 o'clock pm, Day of the Great Gods, Dark Shades 19th, 677 T.A.
Shattered Kingdoms started up at Mon Sep 23 22:17:22 2002
Current system time is  Tue Sep 24 12:56:29 2002

After Aztalyn, magistrate of Exile was charged with corruption by Tragonis for the continous outlawing of Hammer members, and pardoning of enemies; Tragonis sough the king who out with the other paladin dude in the paladin camp by the necropolis crusading. Civil war occured, as the hammer of light declared martial law over Taslamar in an attempt to end the corruption of Aztalyn. Aztalyn however gained the support of the other peacekeepers and deported a few members of the hammer of light and jailed others. The conflicted ended when the king Gerevan finally recieved word and returned to Exile. Aztalyn, Tragonis, Lothoriel where summoned to his chambers amoungs a few others to question on what happend. King Gerevan pardoned both Aztayln and Tragonis and concluded that the hammer's control over Taslamar was too much for them to handle and split them off. The hammer recieved castle Morea as their own and Lothoriel, the second-in-commander of the hammer was placed in charge of the new peacekeeper faction formed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:14 am 
Quote:
Sprites first recorded
Humans and Halflings first recorded
First known references to Aludra/God of Love, Alshain/God of Courage, Sargas/God of War, God of Healing/Meissa, Yenko/Sadr, Sadal/Yizashi/Luck
First warlock recorded
Giants and centaurs first recorded

Shoudn't that be changed to the orginal forms.

Like Sargas = Ariakas
Alshain = Rishivel/Calrion
Etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:03 pm 
Mortal

Is there any IC books on this stuff?? I would liek to read more on a lot of this GRP and other events that I never was a part of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:11 pm 
Immortal (Inactive)

Tragonis wrote:
Quote:
Sprites first recorded
Humans and Halflings first recorded
First known references to Aludra/God of Love, Alshain/God of Courage, Sargas/God of War, God of Healing/Meissa, Yenko/Sadr, Sadal/Yizashi/Luck
First warlock recorded
Giants and centaurs first recorded

Shoudn't that be changed to the orginal forms.

Like Sargas = Ariakas
Alshain = Rishivel/Calrion
Etc.

I purposefully avoided that. Too confusing and, honestly, not that relevant IMO except in their permenant incarnations.

Timeline updated again.

Last edited by werttrew on Wed May 04, 2005 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 pm 
Implementor

It's true that I know many builders who have been involved with the Empire over the years had the idea that it was originally started via an invasion from the Eastern Sea. I do remember several immortal meetings where we had discussions about using the large sub-continent in the northwest for the original home of the Empire. It's never been developed beyond discussion though. I'm sure there are probably some references in the areas to support the sea invasion version.

Also in reviewing the latest version of the timeline:
Code:
Jadow & Mortifair struck down by the gods

This should be stricken from the record. Regardless of how those players twisted things at the time, their punishment was purely OOC.

Also the Guardians (Knights of Selkwood) would have formed some short time prior to the Peacekeepers. Talons would have formed at the same time as the Peacekeepers and although the Council sort of existed in name, this is when the Adepts would have broken off relations with Krychire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next