Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Ayamao attacked.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:10 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Back when I played Gorom, several years ago now, the KoS was run by Vaknafien/Railian. In the time that I was in the tribunal Ayamao was attack by delfs repeatedly and there was a war fought. I don't know much about the time of it all but maybe Ravisitor or Ralian can fill you in. Seems like somthing that should be put into a time line as it was a pretty big grp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:07 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
For anyone who is confused, the timeline Wert' is updating is the one in his original post at the beginning of hte thread -
http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forums ... hp?t=11009

Also, I was sure there were IC references to the core of the Empire of the Bright Star being elsewhere 'across the seas' and their presence in Pyrathia merely a part of their expansionist(sp?) policies. Having never played a mortal leader in that half of the realms, I'm willing to concede I could be wrong. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:58 am 
Mortal

There are IC references here and there to the Imperial nation conquering what used to be another nation (check out Cather-du square in Menegroth).

We should build on that maybe? A true Imperial capitol on an island as well as the provincial capitol of Menegroth :P Give the MC a figleaf to make up for them sucking so bad for ages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:20 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Alshain wrote:
For anyone who is confused, the timeline Wert' is updating is the one in his original post at the beginning of hte thread -
http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forums ... hp?t=11009

Also, I was sure there were IC references to the core of the Empire of the Bright Star being elsewhere 'across the seas' and their presence in Pyrathia merely a part of their expansionist(sp?) policies. Having never played a mortal leader in that half of the realms, I'm willing to concede I could be wrong. :)

Thanks--I should have noted that myself.

As far as Imperials, I've modified the timeline to allow for the possibility of an invasion from parts unknown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:43 am 
Mortal

werttrew wrote:
If you could let me know whereabouts more specifically you recall seeing that info, I'll dig it up and try to repair the contradictions.

Sadly it's mostly just my vague recollections of various posts, and RPs, with no logs to back it up. Bug was all over the zhenshi stuff, though I think sadal may have tied up the loose ends. Ain or Dabi are the best people to ask about the whole jewel of the east thing I'm guessing. There is a single post on the MC noteboard that carries some information. (I really enjoyed that one RP for some reason, though I accept it might be a fairly minor event in the long history of SK).

I've been interested in Imperial things recently. And I was under the impression that the founding of Exile (and Selhys) should be directly linked in time with the attack of the "Empire". Since they ran from the attacking army and set up the city (I may have gotten my different wars confused there).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:18 am 
Mortal

Coya also has all the info about the firewood thing. I have been passes part of it, but since it was done IC, I may have some twists on the story, either cause that is how ibudon would tell it, or things Gasbah would not ask about.

Post subject: Re: Ayamao attacked.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:02 am 
Mortal

Orac wrote:
Back when I played Gorom, several years ago now, the KoS was run by Vaknafien/Railian. In the time that I was in the tribunal Ayamao was attack by delfs repeatedly and there was a war fought. I don't know much about the time of it all but maybe Ravisitor or Ralian can fill you in. Seems like somthing that should be put into a time line as it was a pretty big grp.

I ran that RP as Ain. Definitely worth recording. Post-Camby/D'Astae, pre-Ain v2. Spring 2003? Yenko helped me tie it in with some goings-on in delfville. Two rival delf houses were featured, as I recall. Lots of booming war drums and raids on Sith by orcish slaves and an occasional mountain troll, led by delf scouts. Delf rivalries at home eventually put an end to the invasion. The shrine where Sadr's priestess has set up shop down by spriteville was originally created as part of this RP. Orcs starting appearing in the mountains around Ayamao around this time. Check with Yenko/Sadr for more details.

And please don't mention Vaknafein's name in the history. For several important reasons having to do with his personal conduct while I was supporting this RP, he very much doesn't deserve being featured by name in the permanent record. I won't go into that here.

Other important events:

Shortly prior to the cursing of N'Kyasha:

* Cain Techt constructed by the Fir Melle in response to a growing concern about N'Kyashan experimentation in the East.

From around Gaal's time:

* Radical faction of Aru centaurs rises to power in Ayamao, much to the dismay of King Camby
* All Ayamaoan roads systematically destroyed, including the old bridge over the Tarim
* Destruction of Hazeron's Tower by the Venerable Green Dragon
* Gaal's Curse of Teron (and subsequent reconstruction of large portions of Teron)
* Creation of Stonegate (I've attributed this to Ensley)

After Gaal's time:

* Meteor falls in the Cursed Wood. Moved and concealed by the Druids. Crater still visible.

Looks like Tat got you going on all the old Exile stuff. Great.

Peace,
Bux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:20 am 
Mortal

This is by far the most interesting thread i've ever read on these forums. A few things i'm curious about. The history of the iron citadel and the lost jungle. Also, what was the leviathan other than a giant whale thingy? And what the hell was the war in the wastelands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:31 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
Rial wrote:
And what the hell was the war in the wastelands?

When I remade the wastelands, I added a really vague sub story (I think part of it is on the Daemon's Bane lore description) about some ancient gods fighting in the wastelands, and forming the landscape as you see it. There are several formations named after a 'daemon'.

It's not very well known, since not many folks have seen the Daemon's Bane, let alone gotten a chance to lore it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:39 am 
Mortal

Wert,

Tweaked some things, added some things. Re-worded some things. Use as you wish. Or not.

Quote:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

CREATION (Over 100,000 years ago)
Pyrathia created (either by Dulrik or by "the High God," depending upon who you ask)
The gods first appear (created?)
Leviathan created/comes to Pyrathia

AGE OF WONDERS (100,000-5,000 years ago)
The "First Race" (the elves) created
The War in the Wastelands Plane (The war the made the Wastelands Plane what it is today, in other words)
First known references to Zynor/Dabi
First known references to Dulrik/God of truth
First known references to God of Elements/Yed
First known references to God of Chaos/Marfik
First known references to Nada/Achernar/God of Change-death
First known references to Magic and its God/Mira
First known references to dragons
Dwarves created
Vaerlain founded
Gnomes first recorded
Craeftilin first recorded; legendary gnomes Mesong and Cicatrix first recorded
Surface Elves and Deep Elves split
First known references to Zavijah/Zarathustra
First known references to Nature Goddess/Nashira,
First known references to Az'Pook/Dreddnahr/Thuban
Ch’zzrym founded
Sprites first recorded
Humans and Halflings first recorded
First known references to Aludra/God of Love
First known references to Alshain/God of Courage
First known references to Sargas/God of War
First known references to God of Healing/Meissa
First known references to Yenko/Sadr
First known references to Sadal/Yizashi/Luck
First warlock recorded
Giants and centaurs first recorded

FORGOTTEN ERA (5,000 years ago to First year TA)
(Multiple unrecorded empires and kingdoms fall and rise in this era)
War of Centaurs and Giants (Obrus and Sornoc/War of Thunder)
Halfling kingdom formed in the eastern islands
Necromancy first recorded
War begins between Kias and the halfling necromantic clans
Halfling kingdom in ruins from necromantics; Kias cursed; halflings flee to the mainland and scatter
C'thonian race first recorded
Ch’zzrym-Craeftilin wars
Vahhan’s empire rises and falls (Vahhan of the Leviathan RP)
N'kashya founded (oldest continuously inhabited human city)
Centaurs and sprite tribes/bloodlines become distinct--Aru Tribe splits off

(500 years before the Third Age)
A recognizable Zhenshi language and culture develops
The city that will become Necropolis founded
First recorded reference to the Tower of Dundalis
To-be-Necropolis and N'kashya become part of the vast Aghelian Empire, ruled by Kol the Conqueror
Kol’s empire rises and falls: the last empire to rule a majority of Pyrathia

HISTORICAL ERA (First year TA to 300 TA)
Ayamaon Alliance founded
Legendary city of Cathar-du founded
Warlords from parts unknown--presumed to have come over the Southern Seas--conquer roughly half of the Aghelian Empire to form The Empire of Bright Star, including N'kashya and what would become known as the cities of Seawatch and Seaside (3-67 TA)
Griffons first recorded
The inhabitants of Zhenshi sack Cathar-du and expand far to the east
The Zhenshi can't hold on to the territory and retreat

(At roughly 150 TA)
At this stage the Empire has conquered most of its current holdings and is developing a road system to link its prinicipalities.
General Nohamstis (see "help human") dies--after years of battling on the western fringes--in the sacking of Cathar-du.
Cathar-du is renamed Menegroth.
The Northern Wastes and Uxmal are at this point simply little more than a collection of savage tribes.
What becomes Taslamar is uninhabited stretches of virgin forest, slowly settled by refugees of Cathar-du.
Emperor Li comes to power in Zhenshi
Nerina develops from a village to a city.
Emperor Li is granted immortality by Yigg.
The elves take steps to share their influence in Ayamao with the other Ayamao races.

Owyran /Teron-Uxmal/Krychire founded.
A slave called Taslamar leads a slave rebellion against the Empire of the Bright Star in the east.
The self-proclaimed "General" Taslamar leads his people west, fleeing the wrath of the Imperial legions.
General Taslamar founds Exile, "The City of the Free".
The Kingdom of Taslamar subsequently arises in the west, named after its founder.

The foundation of Exile is the cornerstone to the history of Taslamar, so thought the above might clarify things. The basic principle is that the Taslamarans were escaped Imperial slaves (not Cathar-du refugees), thus the emnity between them and the Empire ever since. The Emperor no doubt still considers them to be escaped slaves, it's just that their re-capture and due punishment has been delayed by a succession of inept minions.

Queen Serena, her sister Princess Khalida and King Gerevan are / were direct descendents of Taslamar, though it's worth noting that Gerevan is the son of Khalida, not of the childless Serena. He was actually the younger son; his elder brother was abducted with their mother and, like their mother never recovered.

Quote:
Cain Techt constructed by the Fir Melle in response to a growing concern about N'Kyashan experimentation in the East.
N’kashya cursed
First record of merfolk; Selhys (merfolk town) founded
Li's weak leadership in Zhenshi forces the Fist to start running the kingdom.
Grahme/elisair/a’van keep/Mortoon Village founded
Tlaxcala mage colony established
Varloch's city is cursed and becomes Necropolis
Tale of the Golden Ones (Centaur legend about Kabahasta)

CONTEMPORARY ERA ( Beginning 300 TA)
Camp Reyorsted established
Krychire moved
Queen Serena of Taslamar & her sister Khalida abducted by the Adepts
Everclear subverted by the Adepts
The pirate Rixia is installed in Everclear as an agent of the Adepts
Queen Serena of Taslamar rescued and restored to her throne

Old Elven city falls (Lytheldar)
Old Dwarven area (name?) falls
The Age of Heroes
Jinnahra, daughter of Dreddnahr, born
The ascension of Yopparai into immortality
The appearance of Lord Khore
Sith’a’niel founded
The Golden Years of Peace
The god Calrion appears from the tears of Rishivel's followers in the courtyard of Morea Castle

(around about the Year 532 TA now)
The self-proclaimed "Aghelian Empire" arises in the North
The Adepts invoke the Bane Spirits
Use the Blood Orb to corrupt many holy relics, including the Tree of Life
The Blood Wars erupts across the realms
The fall of the Paladin Hero Fayne Dannerson at the hands of darkness
The rise of Sorceror Damacon
Damacon assumes rulership of the "Aghelian Empire" in the North
The Blood Wars ends in an uneasy truce

The Tower of the Rose is constructed in Taslamar
Tzeech declares the annexation of Taslamar and the Kingdom of "Tzeechlamar"
"Emperor" Reorcyn succeeds to Damacon's "throne" in the North

(Around about the year 577 TA now)
The Liberation of Everclear
The doppleganger posing as Khalida in Everclear is slain and Rixia "surrenders".
Under an arrangement with the Hammer, Rixia and her pirates depart for eastern seas to harrass the Empire and are never heard from again
The Teronia rogue Dreadic murders Queen Serena
The Palace of Exile is destroyed in the process
Hammer declares Martial Law and assumes rule of Taslamar

The Hammer begin the search for Prince Gerevan, heir to the throne
The Treants march against Taslamar and are placated
The reconstruction of Everclear is completed
The Age of Heroes ends

(Around about the year 600 TA now)
Zhang the Usurper takes over Zhenshi
Tenkawa, future ruler of Zhenshi, is born and taken in by the Fist.
Gerevan is found and named King of Taslamar

Fort Tethos established
Radical faction of Aru centaurs rises to power in Ayamao, much to the dismay of King Camby of Sith'a'Niel
All Ayamaoan roads systematically destroyed, including the old bridge over the Tarim
Zhang occupation of Zhenshi and Craeftilin ends
Death of Camby, last King of Sith'a'Niel
Craeftilin opens to the outside world (644 TA)
The reclaiming of Seawatch
The rebirth of the god Calrion as the god Alshain (sword battle with the god Sargas)
Meissa reborn
Seaside destroyed/Leviathan sent back/Alshain claims the Vahhan-Timil
Sith'a'niel suffers a series of raids from Ch'zzrym, eventually stopped by infighting among the deep-elves
Destruction of Hazeron's Tower by the Venerable Green Dragon
Gaal's Curse of Teron--much of Teron rebuilt subsequently
Creation of Stonegate by Ensley
Algorab slays Nightfall in Teron
Jinnahra sets a trap for Meissa in the Cursed Cathedral of Rishivel in Taslamar
The cursed cathedral is destroyed
Meissa is freed/hunts down Jinnahra and destroys her
Thuban is born
Ain comes about
Guardians (Knights of Selkwood) formed
Peacekeepers devolved from the Hammer's authority (677 T.A.)
King Gerevan confirms Hammer's rights to Morea

Note: Peacekeepers have been in existance for almost as long as Exile and were not "created" in 677 TA. But until then they were subordinate to the Hammer who held final judicial authority in Taslamar, and so were responsible for the upkeep of the Kingdom's law and answered directly to the Crown. Gerevan's action in 677 TA was to terminate this in recognition of the frequent conflict of interest between the Hammer's core values and their role as law enforcers, instead making the Peacekeepers the final judicial authority before the Crown and directly answerable to him.

Quote:
The Fist relinquish direct responsbility for the preservation of law in Zhenshi
The Talons formed
Adept's direct rule of Krychire deposed by the Council of Necromancers

First true bard recorded
Imperial-Uxmaln War of the Eighth Century
Meteor falls in the Cursed Wood.
Orc wars; Neo-Nerina founded
Taslamar annexes unclaimed western lands and begins consruction of new outpost
Taslamar opens Western Collegium as its new western-most presence
Mira and Zavijah hold the Wixlax Contest; the Magic faith wins (781-786 TA)
Owyran destroyed (783 TA)
First Tourney of Heroes held
The Incarnation of Dabi
Prophecy of the Sword of Zynor
Second Tourney of Heroes (*) held

PRESENT DAY <-- You are here!!!

(*)If you want to know when the first Tourney of Heroes was held, there is a comemerative plaque at Exile's Cross that has the date inscribed along with the names of the victors.

I notice no mention of the Quad. Where do they fit in? I remember battling them a few times for various reasons, but can't recall the mythology surrounding their arrival in the realms, nor the events that saw their departure.

- Tat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next