Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What would you most like to see on Shatttered Kingdoms?
Trade Skills 55%  55%  [ 24 ]
Moving vehicles/ships 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
New class Alchemist/Assassin 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Chyz'mmm as a player kingdom complete with a delf matron house style tribunal 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
Other: Explain your idea. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:22 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Definitely trade skills. Either fix the economy (that's a gargantuan task- not likely to happen anytime soon) or simply allow people to choose a trade skill that allows them to create unique goods and barter their creations off. The problem is, I can't think of that many trade skill options left that aren't already in the mud. Weapon/armorsmiths forging weapons with stat enchants, wand/staff makers (low level spells only, of course), maybe a few more.

Honestly, who would want to be a cook or a fisherman in SK? Even blacksmiths would be useless (even if they could repair their eq for free) unless they could repair normally irreparable eq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:33 pm 
Mortal

As tempting as a new Alchemist class might be, I'd prefer to see alignment changes made possible. It's a feature that would promote more RP, since it'd actually be possible to change someone's mind, or even your own. And while PK is an important part of SK, it's the RP that allows it to compete with other MUDs.

Yes, alignment changes would have to be limited so we don't get principled deep-elves running around. I'd suggest limiting alignment change to one's religion induction, and even then allowing only one or two ticks of change. But even on that limited scale, there's room for good stories to play out.

Post subject: Yep!
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:06 pm 
Mortal

Tradeskills such as alchemy, blacksmithing, tailoring and enchanting that everyone can take one or two would be great fun. But... these already come with SK class sets and it would become a lot like MMORPGs otherwise.

A SK Economy would be great. Make those obsidian coins meaningful! It would be an incentive for Tribunals too. Every Kingdom with their own type of coins and currency, and has variable rates at any time vs. other Kingdoms.

Then Tribunal leaders can make use of Kingdom funds by upgrading walls, guards, whatever. Kingdoms with rich/poor economy reflect through descriptions of rooms, citizens and guards (equipment). Enough ideas? ...these probably never get implemented!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:29 pm 
Mortal

That would require your KDs to acutally have vnums to work with.

Not going to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:47 pm 
Mortal

True.. and Suri dear, I think you are went a bit too far with the interactive environment thing. This would be extemely hard to implement even if much more v-space existed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:59 pm 
Mortal

My opinion in this order:

1) Alchemists (NOT assasins. I like Dralamar's ideas about alchemists)
2) Trade skills

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:14 pm 
Mortal

Forsooth wrote:
As tempting as a new Alchemist class might be, I'd prefer to see alignment changes made possible. It's a feature that would promote more RP, since it'd actually be possible to change someone's mind, or even your own. And while PK is an important part of SK, it's the RP that allows it to compete with other MUDs.

Yes, alignment changes would have to be limited so we don't get principled deep-elves running around. I'd suggest limiting alignment change to one's religion induction, and even then allowing only one or two ticks of change. But even on that limited scale, there's room for good stories to play out.

I know an alignment change would have saved my character sooooo many months ago. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:33 pm 
Mortal

Alignment changes = more allikat RP. VETOED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:17 pm 
Mortal

soultoast wrote:
Alignment changes = more allikat RP. VETOED!

I second this.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:52 pm 
Mortal

Moving vehicles? C'mon... part of the game is to be restricted by your PE stamina. By making vehicles.. you eliminate the point of PE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next