Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

What would you most like to see on Shatttered Kingdoms?
Trade Skills 55%  55%  [ 24 ]
Moving vehicles/ships 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
New class Alchemist/Assassin 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Chyz'mmm as a player kingdom complete with a delf matron house style tribunal 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
Other: Explain your idea. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: What would you most like to see on Shattered Kingdoms?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:53 am 
Mortal Contributor

Imagine if Dulrik set aside his obsession with the CRS cabal stuff and he decided to devote himself to adding one thing to SK that would counter the unpopularity of CRS. Something everyone wanted that was really popular. What should that one thing be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:55 am 
Mortal

Trade skills for the win!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:01 am 
Mortal

You can fake moving vehicles easily with a few vnums and some niftty scripting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:57 am 
Mortal

Trade skills for sure, and more things of value for the players to focus on, besides leet equipment. (Land property, investments, trading, farming). I think those would also fix the problem of money being worth next to nothing in SKs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:11 am 
Mortal

Definately trade skills, that would make areas such as mines, fields and such useful. And then countries would battle over the control in those areas, so if a country doesn't have any areas with food, their people are gonna starve cause the food reserves just won't cut it. And of course, we could finally see some fishermen in SK, the real ones not those fake prancing fishermen.

But with the addition of trade skills you'd need to fix the economy on the game and it just seems like a whole lotta work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:13 am 
Mortal

Trade skills would be nifty but not necessary.

The moving vehicles, nice but not necessary, a

Asassin class limits RP.

Play a rogue and kill for money,
play a merc and kill for money,
play a sorceror and kill for money.

Seems like this was intentional when they created the classed, since rogues have the skills common to thiieves and skills common to assassins on other muds where a distinction is made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:26 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Definantly some trade skills. If not that, maybe a trade class? Not sure how to title it but they would be able to learn how to cook/blacksmith/brew more interesting potions/etc. They wouldn't be all that good in battle, aside from the fact that they can use some of their creations. It would be like a bard class but almost completely securalized from solo and group PK. But the value of having someone around who can supply armies with nice weapons and buffs and the like would have at least one or two in each kingdom.

Ships would definantly bring a new age. I can only immagine how many merc.s and swashies will be created for the new pirate/navy RP. D has already said he wants to put these in sooner or later but it's on a big list of things to do.

I personaly think that players should be able to have been created in the deep the moment that the city went up. It would be very easy to make a tribunal out of the houses for it, though a new cabal really isn't needed with the low population as it is. Speaking of which is one of the two problems with doing so, and likely the very reasons it hasn't been done:

First, as I said, too low of a population in many cabals/tribunals as it is, and if a player can create there, it should be player governed IMHO. Secondly, it is a bit far out for any newb to try and find there way to another country. Quite literally, if they actually find the road/way out they have a good chance of being killed by the NPCs near the entrance.

I'm not saying that this can't be changed or players can't be warned but I've always thought of the deep cities to try and be secretive and warned or not, dying with a brand new character, not knowing anyone on the MUD is a bit descouraging.

Other ideas? I'd like to see more stores, if not skills, that would allow someone to bring in ores or materals and make a certain type of armor that can be more personalized. Sort of like the store in Teron where you can buy a shield that can be etched any way you like, but maybe more advanced so you can actually write the description on it. In order to get certain encantments you'd have to find the right materials, for which they would give you a small list and you would have to figure out the rest on your own with some small clues.

I don't know, it just always seemed wrong to me when a player says their wearing MY armor when it was jLooted or lost a while ago and the person now targeted for PK most likely earned it by killing the NPC themselves. *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:34 am 
Mortal

Gremlin, I'd just like to point out that a single specialized class with sole access to trade skills would be even a greater mistake than not implementing them at all. I've played Lineage for some time (a very simplistic RPG all in all) and there is only one class that can craft/construct items. Everyone has his main character and this one (multiplaying is allowed), or depends on others who play them. If this happen in SKs, it will be as good as a few blackmail the rest for their services, and those who don't play this class won't be able to do much about it.

The only way to fix this; Open skill set. It's been necessary a long time now. Or just give two craft skills to each person and be done with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:04 pm 
Mortal

Add trade skills, remove cabals and move their skillsets into new classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:12 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
Voted trade skills. I'd vote for vehicles for a second choice.

SK is too small to open up another kingdom and cabal/tribunal, and I just don't see other classes/races opening up since we've just had bards added (and look how long that took!).